Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge storm front came thru about 7pm. Blew down lots of transmission towers, and caused damage from Perry to Ponca. Stillwater, Perry, Ponca, Red Rock, Billings, and Tonkawa are without power. Lots of damage. I was at the range shooting when it came through. It caused lots of damage at the range with a conex building being blown 1/4 mile, all of the porta potties missing in action, and heavy steel shooting benches being found more than 1/8 mile away.
Our target shack on the range I was shooting at, blew up with the instant gust. I got a puncture wound, on the arm and a 6" cut on a leg. Nothing serious, but lucky the main debris didn't get me.

This is the shack that got me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
how is it you managed not to take flight? Sure glad your O.K.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Good to hear you okay.
That storm caused a lot of damage up & out that way yesterday evening.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Glad you're ok Dennis, shame about the range getting damaged. Hope all gets back to normal soon for everyone affectd by the storms.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
You sure it wasn't a small twister or microburst that got you?

We lost power around 8pm last night as well and it came back on around 4pm today. Had to take cold items to friends to keep from going bad. Thank goodness it cooled off with that storm.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear you okay.
That storm caused a lot of damage up & out that way yesterday evening.
Was shooting prone at the time, otherwise, It may have turned out different. Big work day this sunday for the club member.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts