Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty ladies and gentlemen, step right up and watch as I turn this broken, 6yr old, 50k+ Wather P22 into (drum roll) ...Wallah! A brand new S&W M&P 15/22 rifle.
Got the call today that they are willing to swap out my replacement P22 for the MP-15/22 with no charge to boot! I'm a happy camper and I'll be getting 3-4 more mags and I'll be comming to see ya Dennis!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Sweet! if you want to use pistol as well, you can use my Ruger Mark III with a red dot. Do you have the dates?? I'm too lazy tonight to look back. ::)
Okla Hunter smackdown shoot for bragging rights! The glove is down!! ;D
Anybody else that is interested in a .22 shoot, get with me for details, posting in this thread.
It doesn't matter if you have the guns or not, I have them to loan. ;)

Supply your ammo, and $5 entry fee per division, and its like a fun .22 shoot down on the river bank. Steel targets on a rail that fly off when hit. I'm usually the subject of much harassment, so that is a side thing to do ;D

Lasts about two to three hours. Scores posted online a couple of days later, that I will put on here.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dennis, but I'll be tryin' out the new Buck Mark. I'll bring the 10/22 for a loaner as well as the MP. Sounds like a hoot a' brewin' ;D ;D

Oh and I'll do my best to take some of the harassment pressure off of ya!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
So when should I expect this gift in the mail?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gift ..... Mail...Whaaaaa?????....Got a call yesterday that it'll be about 2 weeks as the production line is working overtime to build these and get 'em out. Still sucks to walk into most gun stores and see a slew of them hanging on the wall begging for a new owner and I have to wait.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Did your Walther have a laser on it? I saw one for sale the other day. They said they only bought it for the laser, and were reselling the gun.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine did not have the cool Walther built for the the P22 laser. Mine had a $15 Wally World hang off the bottom laser. Even tho I miss the D/A trigger of the P22, I'm liking this Buck Mark pistol really well. Only problem I have is I don't know what range to sight the BM in for. Right now I'd say my elevation is zeroed at 30 yrds. Makes for a real 6 o'clock hold at anything closer than 20yrds.
Oh, was out fishing Konawa lake Fri and got a call from S&W. Seems it's going to be 2 weeks for the new toy. It's killin me!!!!! :'( :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Quite crying...You got a buck mark enjoy.
2 weeks is nothing.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Mine did not have the cool Walther built for the the P22 laser. Mine had a Wally World hang off the bottom laser. Even tho I miss the D/A trigger of the P22, I'm liking this Buck Mark pistol really well. Only problem I have is I don't know what range to sight the BM in for. Right now I'd say my elevation is zeroed at 30 yrds. Makes for a real 6 o'clock hold at anything closer than 20yrds.
Oh, was out fishing Konawa lake Fri and got a call from S&W. Seems it's going to be 2 weeks for the new toy. It's killin me!!!!! :'( :eek:
let me know when your ready for the show-down! ::)

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish I knew yoga or some other mind altering exercise, cause I want my new rifle!!! Did find mags for $17 a piece at Outdoor America and got two. Most other places they are $19 or more.
Guess I'll just suck it up and go shoot the Buck Mark and 10/22 dang it....

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HOLY CRIPES!!!!! Took the Buck Mark out to the pond for some turtle shooting, sitting in the golf cart and it's the first time I've shot this from a supported position. WOW, this thing is accurate. In fact I'm suprized that it hasn't packed it's self up and left me for what I thought was some good shooting off hand, but I haven't been doing it justice. 50 yrd + it put the shots right in there, better than MOT (minute of turtle) with open sights. Can't wait to put some optics on top!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Buckmark, and Rugers are light years ahead of pistols from 20 years ago.

You were in a Golf Cart, Sasakwa and I were in his Rhino. ;D ;D

You will love a red dot or whatever optic you choose. ;)

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoah daddy O, bet that was fine mess of frog legs that night!
Seeing how accurate that pistol can be has me really bummed about my off hand shooting, I thought I had some nice groups but realize now that I need some more practice!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nice mess of frogs.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's here, I got it, I got it! ;D :D ;D :D
Oh my gawd, how am I going to afford .22 bullets???
This thing is a hoot to shoot!!
Now I gotta get some of my "toys" from work to play with. ;)
But seriously, this thing ran right out of the box, just gave it before shoot cleaning and it's dialed in already. I'm going to burn a lot of ammo thru this thing Pic's when I get 'er all dressed up.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Now your ready for the big show down :D

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't wait, two Curmudgeons taking 2 mins a stage and raggin the slow one about it!!!!!!! (well I'm takin 2 mins and prob'lly take most of the raggin) :eek:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just so you all can see your tax dollars at work, some of our M4 goodies on the M&P 15/22 to see if I like this stuff on the Baby AR. Aimpoint red dot w/sunfilter, rail covers and tacti-cool handle. Have a shorty NcStar 3x9x42 lighted reticle scope that needs quick detach mounts. Also the newest Browning in the stable, Heggis flip on the sear spring, and painted the black front sight white for better visibility. I have a Bushnell Huntsman red dot for it, just waiting on the Tac Sol picatanny rail/sight to arrive.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Very tacti-cool!:D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
WT! IS WITH THE GAGA THING!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY!! You have officially ruined this topic now!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts