Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago on the news The Queen of England is taking a paycut to help the economy situation there along with rest of the government there. Now here is my question. Why can't President Obama, the senators, congressman and congresswomen take a paycut? Way can't they take a paycut to help lower our deficit here in our country? The Queen has my vote for being a leader.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
My question is why they still pay the Queen to be figure head anyway? But still a real decent gesture no less. Now congress did bypass their pay raise last year but wow, they've had some nice raises the previous years.

Now here's a kick in the keester for the tax payers. Slobdumbassovich, the governor/congressman of Illinois, just got 14 years for trying to sell O'bammy's seat in congress to the highest bidder and gets to keep his congressional pension!!!!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
A pay cut for the idiots currently running this country would not make a pot to piss in when the final numbers came out. The percentage point would be around .000000001.
The better option for us, the general public would be to put them and their retirement on SS.
Currently Government employees have their own retirement program, and will not receive SS payments when they retire unless they have worked enough side jobs to get SS credits.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
They are also entitled to 100% retirement after just one term if I'm not mistaken. Seems to me that our military should be entitled to 100% as well instead of 50% after 20 years and that's if your active the whole time. Reservists get even less and have to do 30 years. They wine and complain just as much as athletes do about more money.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
You don't have to do 30yrd, but you do have to wait till your 60 to start drawing it. You can get a bit of an earlier start drawing it by qualifying active duty up to 2 or 3 years, can't remember which.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
If I do the time I should get the retirement when I retire!!!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
If I do the time I should get the retirement when I retire!!!
Funny, us guard guys have been saying that for years. Heck us full time guard folks would be happy with if we could get the mil retirement check when we retire on the civy side. But for me I can retire civil service at 55 yrs old but have to wait till 60 to get the mil retirement check. Plus when they passed the early mil retirement, it went into effect Jan 2009 but doesn't go back to 2003 for us guys that started the war.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Political $%*^%&^$(^%^&$%#(_*+*)&(^)) if you ask me!!!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
And here is some more good news. Couple of months ago our manning doc had a bunch of stripes cut. E-9 slot cut to E-7 and such. Well, in Jan they are cutting some more stripes. So if my E-8 slot gets cut, I'll be on a 2year clock to find a new job, take 2 stripes off or be non retained and retire a year early. Whoopeee, I'm outta there!
This is getting to be just like the late '70s and early '80 during the Carter era. Do more with less to the point of being able to do hardly anything with nothing. Folks are going to find out that if you train, equip you military like a third world country, your going to have a third rate military.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
And here is some more good news. Couple of months ago our manning doc had a bunch of stripes cut. E-9 slot cut to E-7 and such. Well, in Jan they are cutting some more stripes. So if my E-8 slot gets cut, I'll be on a 2year clock to find a new job, take 2 stripes off or be non retained and retire a year early. Whoopeee, I'm outta there!
This is getting to be just like the late '70s and early '80 during the Carter era. Do more with less to the point of being able to do hardly anything with nothing. Folks are going to find out that if you train, equip you military like a third world country, your going to have a third rate military.
Yeah, I was active duty before/during the Carter years. The military took terrible hits in his idealology of a world where we all sat around the campfire and sang Cumbaya.
One of the reasons I got out, but it didn't end when getting into the reserves. They started a fitness program, and if you were 5lbs overweight, you had 6 months to loose it, or you were out. I didn't have a problem making the weight thing, but it just turned sour all over. The morale was in the tank, nobody gave a crap anymore, and it just went downhill from there.

I just hope you folks still in, can make it for the next year, untill we elect this POS out of office. Even then its going to be a slow recovery.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Think the big reason for the big push on the PT testing is to weed out folks. That way don't have to give a benifit or reason to can your arse. Been in several wars and combat zones and have yet to do a sit up or push up and survived just fine so far. Just found out today that the strip cut won't effect me but still, it's crappy way for the military to "Support the Troops" Our units line of work is a bit different, we need experienced troops and the oomph to back up thier decisions that are made on the spot away from a "regular" unit. Nothing agianst them but E-4's to 5's ain't gonna tell a full bird where to get off and go sit in a corner.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Your exactly right. The weight issue was a weeding process. Crappy way to do it, expecially in some of the non-combat MOS's where being overweight had not one thin dime to do with job performance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts