Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
It will probably be next Sunday or Monday before going. There may be snow and sleet....perfect for deer hunting in the am, and bird hunting in the pm. ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
I hope I get to go at least once during the season.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Me too.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Me three. Pheasant is the only thing I have hunted that I'm 100% on for 1 shot 1 kill. But then I have only shot like 6 or 7 in my life.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I went pheasant hunting last year for the first time, and none came anywhere near me, or flushed within range of me. Although some in my group got a couple of birds. I did shoot a quail then, but never found it, only a pile of feathers. Doesn't make sense to me, but hey!

Maybe this time will be different. Now if only somebody would be willing to take me! *whistling* ;)

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
We are going tomorrow in the evening.
have not seen a lot, but Gunner will tell us real quick.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I will be going out on 12/18. Probably be the only hunting I get to do this season. Kinda sucks, just don't have time with everything on the plate ATM.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
My buddy and I got out today to walk some pheasant areas. Didn't take the dog as both of us had ATV's in the back and only had a couple of hours to hunt.
Pretty dissapointing. Saw two roosters quite aways off, and flushed one hen. Walked a couple of miles in prime habitat.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Went out Friday and Saturday. Got 25 between 20 people on Friday and 3 on Saturday.
Daauum! thats a lot of birds. I don't want you to give away your hot spot, but whats the general location?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Lucky you.
Congrates on the slam down of Pheasant.

You went to the panhandle right?

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
We had an 18" rain in 12 hours during nesting season....
I'm sure thats the reason for the birds being in short supply.
Conventional wisdom would say that the birds on high ground would survive, but the average age for a ringneck according to the ODW is 18 months. Natural predation, and natural causes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts