Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our navigators wife,who lives right by Arbuckel lake dam, was jogging out in the pasture with her dog got attacked by a herd of wild pigs. The dog went up to the top of a ridge and came running back down with several hogs chasing him. Some sows with little ones as well as two boars. She got run over and then they started rooting her all over the ground and stepped on. One hog hit her in the knee and shattered the knee and tore up her shoulder. She's been in the hospital for 3 days. Gonna have to get a knee replacement.

Just a reminder to everyone to watch it out there.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Yep.
Good thing me a Farmboy went to a safe spot, when we heard the rest of the hogs fighting in the near by tree line.

Sure hope she heals up soon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea, but that second bunch was a little close for me. There were more of them than we had shells loaded and nothin behind me but open pasture for a ways! Sure was missin my .45 right about then! :eek: Glad you had already told me the land owners rules, my instinct was to start droppin em ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I wish we could of.
Found out Sunday,That... Brent & Cody got a 500 lb Boar that early morning.
His back came up to Brent's hip that 3' 3". Brent is either 6' 4" or 6' 5"
The boar took Brent & Cody thru a Barbwire fence as both had 1 of his back hind legs off the ground.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Them was some burley lookin ole boys but hand snaggin a 500lb'r, that's just nutz! Would of loved to watch 'em tho.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
They had dogs.Till they grabbed hold.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Holy *^^* Been fun to watch from the top of one of those mountains!! With my 44 in my hand!! Talk about earnin their money!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I know...That is why the dogs were missing when we went out that morning.
Wish we had your 300 Win.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Naa, the 300 just holds 1, the 44 is 10+1 levergun. When the *@%( hits the fan, I want it to sound like a war zone ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Can't say i blam ya 1 bit.
I like having the shotgun 6 deep with 3 1/2" 00 buck when all hell is gonna break loose.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aww heck, #5 Hevishot for me... :eek: ;D :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
It sure worked out good on the last hog Bird.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just heard from her hubby, she's out of the hospital and they aren't going to do a knee replacement just yet. Gonna see how it does but will prob'lly need to do down the road. Doing well over all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts