Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones plans during spring break?

We are heading to Grand to do some camping at Twin Bridges Wednesday and try the spoonies and sit around camp and do some grilling and relaxling,mabey down a few beers before heading back Saturday.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I have 7 days off coming up this wed.
I plan on getting on Kaw and trying the crappie, cruising around some of the back roads, and see if I can spot some hogs in the same area, and do a stalk.
Maybe make a day trip to Little Sahara with the three wheeler for a little riding. Just got some sand paddle tires for the back, and want to try them out.
working on my new tower blind for next deer season too. Already have a start on it.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Work, work work work and maybe a little work. But turkey season is just around the corner!!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I'm in the same boat Bird.
Yet come April,5,2010...
Then it's 7 days off of nothing but Tarkey Blasting & some Hawg Bass Fishing.
I got to get away from work!!!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Well, just watched the weather clowns, and saw we are due for a heavy snow storm on Saturday, the day I wanted to go to Little Sahara. May have to do the hog thing in the snow. The local ranger told me that a fresh snow is the time to do a spot and stalk. I like getting out in the snow.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'm in the same boat Bird.
Yet come April,5,2010...
Then it's 7 days off of nothing but Tarkey Blasting & some Hawg Bass Fishing.
I got to get away from work!!!
Can I get a big Amen for the brother Gauge!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
week off from college...ended up working on trucks, tractors and getting our dozer running.

any luck with hogs at kaw dennis??

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Didn't make it up there. Figured with the wet snow, and warm ground, it would be sloppy as heck.
I might go there Monday or Tuesday as it might dry out just a little.
Don't mind getting muddy, but by myself, getting out of mud holes gets to be a pain. Always get out with a little ******* ingenuity, but its not worth it for a pig.

Looks like you had your work cut out for you :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes sir we had to tear into the whole fuel system to get her to run an the injector pumpers were froze in the off position....pony motor and diesel motor runs like a champ...next week or so we are gonna start building a pond i think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts