Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says "Please keep my wife in your thoughts". My wife had a crazy accident at home on Tuesday that resulted in a brain hemerage. She was admitted into the hospital and received two MRI's and about ten CAT scans not to mention all the associated blood work and tests. She was released this afternoon and I got her home about 45 minutes ago. She's resting but still not out of the woods from any possible side effects. She will have a headache for a few days they said but do expect her to make a full recovery. I'm waiting on one of her girlfriends to show up so I can go into work for a bit and deal with some BS their.

With that said here is what happened. Its sort of a Darwin Award type accident.

The neighbors trash can (the big plastic ones with the flip up lids) had blown over and we had trash in our yard. She went out to pick it up. She moved there other one over so she could pick this one back up. Well the one she moved had a softball sized chunk of cinder block sitting on the lid. The wind caught the lid and flipped it up. The cinder block flew and hit her on the left side of her head knocking her to the ground. She fell but we aren't sure if she hit the double stacked railroad ties with her head or not. While on the ground the wind blew the trash can over and it hit her on the head as well. She managed to crawl back into the house and have our 4 year old son call me at work. She was in shock and was hysterical. I didn't understand what she or my son was trying to tell me but I knew it was something bad. I rushed home to find her slumped over on the floor next to our bed half conscious. I loaded her up and drove to the ER. They transported her from that hospital to another that deals in Neurological issues 25 miles away.

I'm so glad my wife has close friends that came and watched our kids at the drop of a dime. My work giving me time off at no charge to me to be with her. What a week its been.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I hope all goes well for you and your wife. She is in my prayers.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ouch! Holy cow man! Yes definitely. I'll be praying for her.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
WOW. Keep us informed and we will be praying for her.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
DAAAUUUMMM!!
What a series of events! It sounds like its going to be ok, but that would be a terrible experience for your wife to go through.
I'll be thinking of her and the recovery.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
That sounds like something that happens around our house! Hope she's doing fine and recovers quickly, we'll be praying for her.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm back at work and on 12's which stinks but she seems to be doing much better today. She is able to stand and move on her own but still sluggish.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya we have shown the kids how to make emergency calls and what to say. They all know our phone number and address. The wife is doing much better. Still got the lump on her head and headache but other than that she is back to her old self. Its was a scary few days this week. Its amazing how a little accident can lead to so much.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Ya could of called & let us know.
Good to hear she is all okay.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was such a wreck I failed to call her mother like she asked. Making phone calls other than for daycare for my kids wasn't top on my list.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts