Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on Dennis, pony up some .22 matches for me!!!!!! You going to the Ruger Rimfire Challenge in Apr?

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Definitly going to the Ruger rimfire challenge! I was headed to the OKC gun club saturday for the monthly steel challenge, but the rain canceled it, so attended the Carry Gun Match at Heartland outdoors Sunday night at Edmond. I shot .22 rimfire rifle at that match, as well as a second division of hi cap pistol. Shot a G24 Glock in .40. Really fun match with one stage in total darkness. Only light was two strobe lights going off. Front sights dissapeared in muzzle flash, and so on. Had to shoot from cover, standing, and prone through a port. Other stages had bad guy targets charging you. Pistol shooters could shoot center mass, but rifle guys had to make head shots only.
This Saturday is the Steel Challenge at The Ponca Range, but I have to work that day. Next Saturday on the 4th, is the rimfire fun match at Ponca, the same one that you came up for last year. I plan on shooting it.
Thats just a small list ;D

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll just be getting back from a week at Louisville Ky and suppose to work that weekend, but I'm taking that Sat and shoot the Ruger match. Next time you head down to OKC for a match, holler and I'll try to meet up with you and shoot. March is going to be pretty busy work wise, but want to start hitting some matches.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I don't know if I'm going to hit the Heartland Outdoors match anymore. Its getting so popular, that it doesn't get over until 11 pm or so, and then its almost a 2 hr drive home for me.
I haven't figured out if I want to shoot the Ruger Rimfire Challenge on Saturday, or Sunday. If its Saturday, I might make plans to meet up with you there. I need to Look at their divisions again. If its pistol and rifle, I might shoot one one day and then the other gun the next. Don't know.
I'll get with you, the next time I head down that way.

That goes for the rest of you yayhoos out there! If you want to shoot one of these matches and don't want to jump off on your own, speak up, and I'll do what I can to go with you, or meet you.

Hunting season is about over, and there isn't much going on, so some rimfire, or centerfire matches are not expensive, and If you don't have a gun to shoot at one of the matches....I do. You can use mine. ;)

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dennis, have you all gotten to fix all the storm damage that your range suffered a while back?

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Yes we did, and you wouldn't recognize it. We have added two 35 yard pistol bays, and have a dozer in there getting a start on the 300 yard rifle range. The 300 yd range is a little ways off, maybe this fall, but the dozer is getting the prep work done. Down the road, we have a plan in effect to add 12 more pistol bays. That will put us in the running for some major matches in the future.
BTW, I'm the new Vice President of the Club, and on the Board of directors. They voted me in while I was gone on the elk hunt to NM last month. Didn't have a clue it was coming.
Fun Match this Saturday! ;D

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well congrads to ya on the VP. You all have a great area out there for the shooting. Do you all have a shot gun skeet area? Plus do you need someone to keep the turkeys from invading the range????????????? ;D

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
We currently have a trap thrower installed, but its not much. Thats future plans as well. I have a friend with an automatic thrower, so we take it out there on occasion and bust some birds. People do use the one we have installed though.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got drill that weekend, but I'm taking off Sunday and going to go shoot it. When are you going to go shoot it?

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I was actually wanting to shoot it on Sunday, and be there for the finals, but was going to go on Saturday, as your earlier post said that was going to be your day. That will work out perfect!
Sunday it is!
I spoke with Robert, (match director) yesterday, and it looks like the Prize Table is up over $5000.00 and growing. :D

Ruger will be giving away prizes in random drawings as well.

In anticipation, I bought and installed a Volquartson Muzzle Brake on the Mark III Hunter. I used to lose the sight picture for a split second, but now, the red dot stays in sight, so thats an improvement.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Bird, the Ruger match is coming up pretty quick. Lets talk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts