Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Bushnell Trophy binos. When I got them out this Muzzleload season and looked throught them my eyse seemed liked they crossed and my vision blurred. Try as I might, I couldnt get them to focus. I tried refocussing them with the eye piece and then the center wheel. Still was freaking my eyes out. Everytime i took them away from my eyes, it was like I had blurred vision for a few seconds and instant headache. I let my buddys try them to see if it was just me and they also had the same results. They were awesome the past several seasons and I had been carrying them over my Steiners since they were more powerfull. They havent been dropped or abused in any way. They still look brand new when you clean the dust off them. Something apparently has gone haywire internally between last season and this one. I have boxed them up and they are on the way to Bushnell to check them out. Hopefully they will fix or replace them. Im just glad I had another pair to fall back on this season.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Smokewagon,
Bushnell's Trophy Series are not the best of optics...Bino's or Scope's.
The Bushnell Elite Series are as good as it gets.

I never had any good luck with the Bushnell Trophy Series optics.
Hope all works out for you.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now ya tell me. ;) Actually these are the replacements from another crappy pair of their binos. They no longer made them, so I was sent these, which were way better than the ones I had. I think Im going to upgrade to the Steiner C5 Predators 10x42. Gonna tell everyone I want cash for Christmas, that way it wont hurt so bad paying that much for specs. :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had a pair of 10x40 Bushnell Trophys and didn't have any problem with them at all..That is until I had them at Marval's Trout camp one summer using them to you know...Look at fishermen...and Girty decided to use them for a new chew toy...She only had them for a few minutes...but they were pretty well chewed up beyond repair....I always figured I had been punished for using them to look at fishermen.. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Smokewagon,
Save your x-tra cash & upgrade to the elite series by Bushnell.
You will be very happy with Top of line optic by Bushnell for $100's less then the others.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gauge, I checked out the Bushnell Elites, They cost more than the Steiners I want, and thats with my dealer pricing. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I reckon everything has gone up in price anymore.
The Steiners are great optics...You should be happier with them.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked Bushnells site to check on the repair status. It says an estimate letter has been sent. Havent received it yet, but the site showed $103 and some change. They are full of it if they think Im going to pay that to have those fixed. This is the 2nd pair that Ive had that all the sudden wouldnt focus properly. This will probably be my last Bushnell product if they are going to shaft me like that. I could understand if they had been abused, but they still looked brand new. They have never been dropped or banged hard on anything. Maybe the letter will specify.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
That is why I always use Nikon. They have a no fault guarentee. I dropped my compacts and watched them fall and break in half on the way down the ladder stand. It cost me $10 to get them fixed ;)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got my letter from Bushnell. It says they arent covered under warranty :mad: and that the objective barrel was dented and a prism was loose. Thats a bunch of BS. They looked brand new when I sent them in. I would be the first to admit if I had abused them, but I hadnt. So according to them they got damaged sitting in my camper between the seasons. I told them to send them back and that I would be selling all my Bushnell products and never buying any of theirs again. My Steiners will be here on the 30th.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steiner 10x42 C5 Predators arrived. AWESOME! :eek: Screw Bushnell. :mad:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my Bushnell's back in the mail today unfixed.
Promptly threw them in the trash and will never buy another Bushnell product.
Looked them over again, and they look brand new.
They insist the objective housing is dented.
Well if it is, they did it. Cause there isn't a mark on them.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
To bad they didn't just send you new ones, Smokewagon.
I only use their Elite series optics anymore.
I have 2 Elite Scopes a 3200 with the firefly reticle & a 4200.
They have been better then the Leupold VX-4,I have owned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts