·
Super Moderator
13,239 Posts
Let’m grow another 2-3 years.

Reactions: murphranch

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
Dang nice looking bucks out there! Are they grazing on the Broam?

·
Super Moderator
13,239 Posts
That’s a toad for sure.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You've got some monsters out there Murph. Hope you get a genuine crack at one this season.

I've still only got the one good buck, but he's daylight now. Maybe he'll hang on until the season starts.

At my eastern stand, I have a tiny little fork coming in daily to eat all of my feed and burn 400 photos in my camera. I'm 100% positive that he's the tiny little spike from last year who ate 100 lbs of feed and burned 10,000 photographs as well. Genetics aren't strong for him, so I think I'll stick an arrow in him on 1 October...if purely just to save the cost of feed and camera batteries.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You've got some monsters out there Murph. Hope you get a genuine crack at one this season.

I've still only got the one good buck, but he's daylight now. Maybe he'll hang on until the season starts.

At my eastern stand, I have a tiny little fork coming in daily to eat all of my feed and burn 400 photos in my camera. I'm 100% positive that he's the tiny little spike from last year who ate 100 lbs of feed and burned 10,000 photographs as well. Genetics aren't strong for him, so I think I'll stick an arrow in him on 1 October...if purely just to save the cost of feed and camera batteries.
I think the little 6 pt giving me the close up only leaves to go get a drink. Little camera whore. He’s in almost every picture on this last card. Couple days ago when I dumped some more feed and swapped cards he was about 20 yards away and just stood there. As I was leaving I looked back and he was started running and jumping up doing a belly twist. Then he takes off running wide open like a silly kid going to recess. Finally he stops over the feed and rears up like a horse and starts eating feed. He’s spoiled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think the little 6 pt giving me the close up only leaves to go get a drink. Little camera whore. He’s in almost every picture on this last card. Couple days ago when I dumped some more feed and swapped cards he was about 20 yards away and just stood there. As I was leaving I looked back and he was started running and jumping up doing a belly twist. Then he takes off running wide open like a silly kid going to recess. Finally he stops over the feed and rears up like a horse and starts eating feed. He’s spoiled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I had any hopes about "forky" (my little camera and feed whore) getting decent sized, I'd let him grow another year...as long as the neighbors didn't poach him. However, he's exhibited about 3" of antler growth between this season and last, and is still smaller than the average doe around these parts.

I've ran across him at ~ 150 yards a couple times. He isn't too shy of me, which is bad for him since the neighbors will shoot anything that they can get their crosshairs on.

Fawn Plant Groundcover Grass Terrestrial animal

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
I’ll be putting my cell cams out tomorrow in the killing fields so I can see if there any shooters showing up yet.
Take the tractor and do some brush hogging to clear shooting lanes.

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
I think it’s the wind blowing limbs and grass as well as flying insects and birds that trigger the cams when they fly by.
That’s my story and it m sticking with it!

21 - 40 of 96 Posts