Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
Sure not camera shy!
I checked a camera last night and only had two photos of me coming and going but the feeder was empty. Low batteries maybe?
My batteries died a couple days ago. I have a solar panel hooked up to it to keep everything charged but it may have been unplugged or something.
I’m heading that way shortly to check things out.

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
Replaced the batteries today. The solar panel was still hooked up and showed 100% charge but still no pics.
Removed the solar panel and the charge indicator fell to zero, so replaced the batteries and all is fine. Be calling tech support next week to see why that solar panel isn’t contributing. Works just fine on the other cam.
While there checked the cam on another place about a mile away where I just threw out some corn. Haven’t put the feeder out yet.
This guy showed up. Haven’t seen him before. Looks a little trashy.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Quite a few good-looking bucks there.

I have two "new" dog packs patrolling the West boundary of the ranch now apparently. Very little deer movement in the last week...but dog movement is up.

On the eastern side, I had a group of 4 young bucks feeding under my stand daily from about the end of November, until I quit feeding in January. It appears that three of them are back now, eating every day. Unfortunately for me, those three were all spikes last year, and the biggest this year is a very small 8. So another year they get. The bad part is though that they basically eat everything during the day, and keep the few does from coming in until about an hour after dark...and then they are only in briefly.

^ There was one decent-sized fork with wierd genetics last year in that group, and he should be a shooter this season...but no photos of him yet. He dropped his right side before Christmas last year, so I know he didn't get shot during any of the seasons.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Apparently we have wild horses in the area.

We actually do have wild horses here. They live up on the northern end of the Honobia WMA.

There are some Texans that own a piece of land that belonged to my F-I-L until about 15 years ago. It borders us, but is on the other side of Black Fork Creek. It borders the WMA on one side.

The boy (20) of the owner asked my F-I-L the other day about how to keep the wild horses off their food plots. My F-I-L chuckled, and told the kid that he (the F-I-L) had to stay with the cows as he fed that pasture...otherwise the horses would come in and kick the cows off the feed.

·
Administrator
15,664 Posts
I called all the neighbors today to see if they knew who might own that horse.
Nobody has a clue so we are thinking someone may have dumped an old horse on us. Got tired of feeding it or something.

·
Super Moderator
13,239 Posts
No whitetail on my cameras. I need to get my cards downloaded but I do have 3 more Mt lions on camera. That's 5 now this year.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts