Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Nice bucks Smith676! The one in that second pic has some amazing length but lacking some mass. Looks young.

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Mowed the food plots last week about choking on the weed seeds and dust.
Tilled, spread wheat today and then tilled lightly one more time to cover the seed.
Just need rain now. None in the forecast.

·
Super Moderator
13,458 Posts
Brought the laptop to camp and used hot spot to get on here. Its ben raining for 24 hours straight and everything is a muddy mess. Sat all day and reviewed cards. Have a new tank that's arrived and he's a beast. Reminds me a lot of Gimpy I had on camera last spring.

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
That wide one is really nice.
Must be another set of eyes over his head.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
No daylight brutes here. Did have a wierd rack show up...which I think is the one I referred to as the "ribbon buck" last year. He was about a 12"x12" fork with an odd shape to his antlers. Dude dropped his right side by Christmas too.

If he hangs out like the ribbon buck from last year he'll be in this spot from the end of November through January. And he's decent enough to put an arrow in this year.
Plant Wood Organism Grass Deer

Building Wood House Art Pattern

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Have a 'barely shooter' (for me...that means that the rack is as wide as the ears or twice as tall as his head) 8 point l, and a slightly wider & taller 9 point (but little mass) that have been showing up at a different spot just at the last 5 minutes of shooting light, and then come back just before shooting light.

Might get a chance at one of them, but that'll be meat in the freezer and not bragging rights.

The biggest problem on that second part of the ranch is the two packs of dogs that run through that area 1-3x/week. I caught them today in the middle of my calving cows again and put one down for sure, with a probable second.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
That wide one is really nice.
Must be another set of eyes over his head.
I thought that picture was neat. The 10 point has a little drop tine off his left side. The first buck has huge bases. I think he is 5 or 6. Probably as good as he's gonna be.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
61 - 80 of 111 Posts