Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting the whole day for the SIL to hunt at Okmulgee, I was talking with the rangers about what they thought of the new computer check in. They both thought it was a great deal. They figured that anyone that was going to go to a check station would check their deer anyways.Someone not going to check it in wouldn't notice any change in the system anyhow.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
The only thing I wish they would do is put in a tele-check system like Missouri has. You just phone it in to an automated system, and its done. Don't have to use a computer at all.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I used it on my brother's doe tonight.It was fast and easy.Printed out his carcass tag.If you don't have a printer handy you just write the number down.That easy.It did not ask for a weight though.I figured they would ask for an estimated weight.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Virginia and NC both had in person check in and phone in. Some times they both got on my bad side.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used it this year when I killed a doe in archery season, it was warm and I wanted to get the meat on ice. I called the wife gave her my lifetime license number, and the area I killed it and she was able to give me a confirmation number within a couple minutes. I had the doe butchered and on ice by the time I would have had it checked in had I went to town. Pretty convenient if you ask me.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Certainly an improvment. Some(TX) states don't even have a check in at all. With the deer populations exploding they don't worry about it. Kind of like our turkey check-in. West of I-35 you shoot your turkey and take it home. East of I35 you have to check it in. ??? Keeping track of the eastern breed I guess. ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts