Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter. We may actually have someone who would take you up. He’s kind of a quail killing guru.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Pudelpointer owner from iowa looking to trade an iowa pheasant hunt for an Oklahoma quail hunt. Any takers?
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter!
I would take you up on that offer if I were Home, but the season will be over before getting there.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter!
I would take you up on that offer if I were Home, but the season will be over before getting there.
Our season is over too so looking at next season. I’m an old guy but still got the bug. My son moved to Edmond so I will be down there several times a year and always looking to hunt something. I have ground in northern iowa that holds lots of birds so I can put you on them. We have excellent Turkey and waterfowl hunting here as well. I bow hunt turkeys and deer and love it. Look forward to following up on this

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Have to see what next season brings.
Wife and I travel around the country in our RV 6-7 months out of the year. Cuts severely into my hunting seasons.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Our season is over too so looking at next season. I’m an old guy but still got the bug. My son moved to Edmond so I will be down there several times a year and always looking to hunt something. I have ground in northern iowa that holds lots of birds so I can put you on them. We have excellent Turkey and waterfowl hunting here as well. I bow hunt turkeys and deer and love it. Look forward to following up on this
Keep in mind that quail populations in Oklahoma like everywhere else are getting tough to hunt as populations are down.
30 years ago, a limit of quail was easy to come by.
Now, seeing one to two coveys on a days hunt is the norm if that.
I just want you to not have high expectations about a 4-5 covey day and chasing singles.
It doesn’t happen anymore.

Reactions: Kennywayne

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind that quail populations in Oklahoma like everywhere else are getting tough to hunt as populations are down.
30 years ago, a limit of quail was easy to come by.
Now, seeing one to two coveys on a days hunt is the norm if that.
I just want you to not have high expectations about a 4-5 covey day and chasing singles.
It doesn’t happen anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts