Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/mooreland-ok/73852/hourly-weather-forecast/340136?day=2

So this is the forecast for the area I'm hunting. Do I gear up and hope for a light rain shower bruiser? I have a nice ground blind I can stay dry in. Throw a heater makes it warm and dry.

If I go up its an isolated hunt in one area of my lease with distances under 50 yds. Hoping the big boy I have tracks and pics of comes out while I'm there.

Sunday is out as I have to much crap to get done at the house after church.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
One of the biggest bucks I've killed was during a rain storm. One of the biggest bucks I've ever seen on the hoof was during a late afternoon thunderstorm eating in a wheat field. Lightning striking everywhere. He acted just like it was another day.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if I survive tomorrow morning I will personally endorse Bass Pro's Red Head Cold Weather System. Their parka has kept be warm in 8 degree temps. Now its time to test the bibs and parka's waterproof feature.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I removed the link and haven't been on here in months(many many many months). I guess I could finish off this thread and say that the CWS system works flawlessly and here is the mount to prove it. Picked it up a week ago.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Nice looking mount. Who did you have do it?

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Dammed nice 8 point!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had Terry's do the mount.

Dennis. Its actually a 9 point. the picture hides one of the points on the left side of the rack. Both brow tines started to fork out a bit as well. One of those points broke off at some point. Look on the far right left side of the mount(right side if you are looking at the picture) you can see the small point sticking out.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Ok, I see it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts