Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if ur not already getting wet you will be shortly. Look like most all of the state is going to get some rain today. We surely need it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seriously? Thank God man. I'm sick of seeing dirt everywhere I look. With the grass all dead, stuff gets stirred up and some how gets in the house. My dang cereal tasted like mud this morning for cryin' out loud!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I got my food plots planted last weekend, so this rain is coming just in time to get them going. As long as it doesn't rain too hard and wash the seed out of the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Rained good all day here.
Light and stop then pick back up again.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Same here. Not much accumulation yet, but rain is rain.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd rather have periods of good rain then stop to allow soak in and run off then rain more and allow for the same. Too much too quick is bad news with this dry hard ground but a stready rain all day will cause steady runoff issues. We got a half inch I'm sure today with more expected till mid day tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Got back from Nashville yesterday to some nice rain. Ran thru 2 different showers in Ark on I 40. Don't know how much rain we got but the temps are awesome!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
As of this morning, we got .9 of a slow steady rain. Just perfect.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya we got more throughout the night and had a heavy mist all morning.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Still getting some light rain, ground is soaking it up nicely. Could use a week of this with some gulley washers mixed in to get the ponds back up.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had some sprinkling on the way home from the Knights Hall a few minutes ago. Seen some lightning off to the south.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Bull, I dont live to far from you and I havent got squat. Maybe .2 tenths, if that. My weather force field is holding up. Everytime it rains, it breaks apart and goes around me and then comes back together and pours everywhere else. I was at the fair working Thursday when it poured. Nothing at my house.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure how much we got down here, but it was enough to get my wheat packed in the ground. Now, just hope for some sunshine and a little bit more rain and we will be in good shape!
P.S. I saw a nice 8 or 10 point Thursday night... got me all shook up! 15 days Gentlemen...

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been a steady mist all morning again. Been all over town and still the same. Mist doesn't do much but keep things damp. Need some actual rain. The cool temps are really nice.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't know about the rest of y'all but we got some good rain last night and its absolutely dumping on my house right now. I could hear it over the TV.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
1/4" here.
Ok with me. Got the tractor and drill out of the field tonight before it gets heavier.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We surely need it but we need a ton more

·
Registered
541 Posts
A few miles north of Stillwater and I had 2 tenths in my gauge. Seems like the clouds just split and go around our area. I must not be paying the preacher enough but I sure try..

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least 1" if not more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts