Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here hunt in Rattan or Antlers? I'm in Rattan. I have plenty of does and pigs. Haven't seen any bucks but I know they're there somewhere. That many does will bring the bucks. The pigs have been going crazy the last 3 weeks. I camp is all set and the stand is ready. I have a two man stand with an umbrella over it. I also bought me a pop-up stand so if it raining on me to bad. Had to put a new scope on the crossbow. I'm shooting a killer instant crossbow with 100 grain rage hyperemic broadheads.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My place is on the north end of Honobia WMA. Pigs are starting to come down off the hills at this time of year.

I'm using an Excalibur Supersport 400TD with 100gr NAPs although 385 FPS.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Anyone here hunt in Rattan or Antlers? I'm in Rattan. I have plenty of does and pigs. Haven't seen any bucks but I know they're there somewhere. That many does will bring the bucks. The pigs have been going crazy the last 3 weeks. I camp is all set and the stand is ready. I have a two man stand with an umbrella over it. I also bought me a pop-up stand so if it raining on me to bad. Had to put a new scope on the crossbow. I'm shooting a killer instant crossbow with 100 grain rage hyperemic broadheads.
What do you think about the rage hypodermics? Do you have the no collar? I got a pack but not sure if I want to use them or not. I tried mechanical three or two years ago and lost two deer with failure to deploy I think. One shot I only had a couple inches of penetration. Same bow same setup last year I shot the g5 montecs and had a good pass through shot and decent blood. I picked up a pack of muzzy ones for some reason also this year but not sure what I will use.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I’m an Excalibur fan too. I have an Exomax, IBEX, and a Micro 335, but I’m currently hunting with Stryker Offspring which is a collaboration using an Excalibur stock/riser and a Stryker/Bowtech compound bow. I’m using Carbon Express XT4 broadheads.
That sounds pretty awesome man.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That makes sense on the pigs, Coming off the mountains. I guess it's for the food and water?
As forage runs out up there, they are forced to start looking elsewhere. I’ve found that they'll generally start becoming much more of a problem around Aug- Sep, we'll get some relief when the acorns drop (very few this year), and then from around Dec - Mar they're an all out nuisance.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts