Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like it’s just going to be me and my wife up for the first few days of rifle season again this year (and she doesn’t hunt). I had been planning on my youngest son to come up, but he just bought a house and is remodeling it himself and wants to use his days off for that. I’m disappointed but don’t blame him.

To keep from spending another $300 on a license, I’m more than likely going to hunt with my crossbow, but I’ve got two rifles sighted in and ready just in case. I’ll be checking non cell cameras as soon as I get there to see what I’ve been missing on the cell cams, and if I see a big one, I’ll probably pony up the money for a rifle license.

Good luck to all who will be out!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Great, just what we need, another picture of you and an incredible buck(insert sarcasm here). LOL!

Best of luck to you this weekend and others who'll be out - including me. Forecast is for a low Sat around 20. Got some battery powered heated socks from Amazon yesterday and hope they work as good in the stand as they did in my office. We need to take some does off our place so I may hunt bucks on Sat then go for a doe on Sun before heading home.

Be careful/safe on your long drive from TX to OK and back.

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
Probably going to be all day sits for me. Watching our yard deer and my cell cams there has been lots of mid day activity of both bucks and does.
Its 11:30 currently and we have 5 does in the yard feeding on acorns. The mid day activity just started this week. I’ll be sitting in a blind where I don’t have a cell cam. Going over today to pull cards and top off feeders.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, just what we need, another picture of you and an incredible buck(insert sarcasm here). LOL!

Best of luck to you this weekend and others who'll be out - including me. Forecast is for a low Sat around 20. Got some battery powered heated socks from Amazon yesterday and hope they work as good in the stand as they did in my office. We need to take some does off our place so I may hunt bucks on Sat then go for a doe on Sun before heading home.

Be careful/safe on your long drive from TX to OK and back.
Heated socks?!?🤔
I’ve got a buddy that has one of those buddy heaters in his box stands, and I’m pretty sure he wears thong panties and a skirt when he hunts too (at least that’s what I accuse him of).🤣

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I’ve been seeing a lot of bucks this week but for a guy with a bow they haven’t been playing along. Wishing everyone luck and hope all of y’all are safe. For everyone making a drive to hunt go ahead and make that check list.
Snacks
Clothes
Coffee
BULLETS
The stories are funny but let’s none of us be “that guy” this weekend.
Good luck everyone!

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
I’ve identified my new target buck but that may change after reviewing two cards tonight.
Went to the farms today to swap cards and top off feeders. Deer were in there right after leaving.
Black Flash photography Deer Style Fawn

·
Registered
42 Posts
LOL, we have a lot of yard deer. They are the wife's pets. I'm not even allowed to think of taking one.
Maybe @ChicagoMike will get lucky and tag him on his Arcadia hunt this weekend.

My wife has really enjoyed that we’ve had them in our front yard while I’m out trying to hunt them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Heated socks?!?🤔
I’ve got a buddy that has one of those buddy heaters in his box stands, and I’m pretty sure he wears thong panties and a skirt when he hunts too (at least that’s what I accuse him of).🤣
Damn skippy! I don't sit in a cushy box blind. I'm in an open, 2 person ladder stand and me feets get chilled easy. Going to put a piece of carpet on the foot platform to help. I tried the toe warmers but they only work a little while due to lack of oxygen. If I'm going to have any chance of sitting all day, gotta be warm.

Nice buck Dennis - hope he's there for you in the morning.

Bear - I been bow hunting most weekends and had nothing close to a shooter buck come within range. Hoping my chances improve with the rifle.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Shoot I hope it changes for you. I don’t know if seeing them at 15 yards and not having a shot is any better than not seeing them at all. Was a bunch of excitement for nothing and then laying in bed thinking man I could have probably shot this way or that way. I think this is going to be a good weekend for a lot of us here and we will have plenty to read come Sunday night.

·
Registered
444 Posts
And to clarify...we have a couple of ******* blinds just haven't been able to move them around due to various reasons. I can pretty well bet sometime tomorrow morning I'll be figuring out a way to get at least one of them moved! Then, it's the Mr. Buddy heater and comfortable clothes(does NOT imply thong underwear or a skirt Retrieverman).

Best of luck to all this weekend as it "should" have animals moving around most of the day. Packing a sandwich and a soda. If my ******* was up, I'd take a single burner and heat up some tea or hot chocolate then maybe a small skillet for my breakfast biscuit. :)

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
And to clarify...we have a couple of *** blinds just haven't been able to move them around due to various reasons. I can pretty well bet sometime tomorrow morning I'll be figuring out a way to get at least one of them moved! Then, it's the Mr. Buddy heater and comfortable clothes(does NOT imply thong underwear or a skirt Retrieverman).

Best of luck to all this weekend as it "should" have animals moving around most of the day. Packing a sandwich and a soda. If my *** was up, I'd take a single burner and heat up some tea or hot chocolate then maybe a small skillet for my breakfast biscuit. :)
Now we are talking! 4' X 6' elevated blinds with windows and a reclining office chair for me, having a buddy heater with a 20lb propane bottle tied up just outside the door. I warm up cans of soup, Spaghetti and meatballs, and so on.
No need to "rough it" anymore, I've paid my dues.
Spent my time sitting on a 2X6 wedged into the crotch of a tree for many, many years exposed to the elements. Done with that. All day sits, I'll use the battery backup to watch movies or YouTube on the phone or read a book. I get bored quickly so need something to keep the mind occupied.

·
Super Moderator
13,434 Posts
Good luck y’all. I’m gonna try and find me a slab of ice safe enough to drill through.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts