Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Congrats on the goat. I’ll be on my goat hunt in 2 weeks.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Good luck and have fun
Ours is a guided land owner donated tag hunt sponsored by Hunting With Heroes Wyoming for disabled vets.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Congrats on the speed goat. I’ve been putting in for that draw since it began with no success.
I’ve only recently had antelope for a meal and it was quite tasty made into meatballs so I don’t have any recipes to offer either.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
I BBQ it, make burgers and meatballs with it. The ground meat I use just like I would hamburger meat. Season it however your taste buds like.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
163 Posts
DiamondT, the antelope will be great on the grill with salt and pepper like a good filet. Keep in mind they're one of the leanest game animals so my suggestion is you cook one level under your preference. Ex: If you prefer a steak Medium, cook the antelope Medium Rare.

If you want to make sausage, you'll need to get some fat to add to it. Ground antelope burgers are great too! I don't have a specific recipe in mind but just substitute antelope for beef in any recipe you currently like.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Congrats!

Someone was literally telling me about Rita Blanca yesterday. Also found out about the private landowner tags and how that works. I drove through Dalhart on my way back from our CO mule deer trip last week.

I'm putting this on my to-do list next year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts