Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only another month to go before spring bear baiting season starts. Got my bear tag in the mail today and registration for one of my sites as well. I dropped the second site and will select a new second site later in the month.
The big question is will I be able to get into my areas by April 8th due to snow levels. It’s in the upper 40s this week and it’s melting fast around town.
Last year I wasn’t able to get in until the second week of May.
Here’s to hoping I get to punch my first bear tag.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Good luck to ya!!

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
Very cool! Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I’ve got both sites I wanted. One from last year and a new one for this year directly to the East. I now have a connected 2x1 mile area. Snow drifts still blocking the roads and baiting staters in 5 days. Gonna spend at least 1 of my next 4 days off popping popcorn and making/ mixing my bait recipe.

Springtime in here and life is grand!

Stay tuned for pics and updates......

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
Well I’ve got both sites I wanted. One from last year and a new one for this year directly to the East. I now have a connected 2x1 mile area. Snow drifts still blocking the roads and baiting staters in 5 days. Gonna spend at least 1 of my next 4 days off popping popcorn and making/ mixing my bait recipe.

Springtime in here and life is grand!

Stay tuned for pics and updates......
Hope that snow it mostly gone here in a couple months!

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope that snow it mostly gone here in a couple months!
The higher elevations will have patchy snow in the shade well into July. Otherwise no worries around the time you may be here.
With the last 2 days highs Being 70 (usually upper 50’s) and lows above freezing the last week and for the next week, it will melt sooner than later. I know for a fact the state will have the roads, I need, open by months end for the camping season to start in May in the Forrest.
Just south of me the snowy range and Sierra Madre range scenic drives (highly recommended them) are open by the end of May for all the tourists.
Gonna talk to a neighbor about using his 4 wheeler next week to make an attempt to see how far I can really get.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best of luck to you this season.
Thank you. A new year and new season of adventure awaits. I’m just excited to have my boys so eager to help me but also to get some on camera. I’ve longed to get back into the fresh pine and aspen smelling woods as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts