Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Dang it. I downloaded it and immediately deleted it when I saw it was gonna cost me $30 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I can’t open any of the pics because the service where I’m at is very poor, but to find out what those blue and white berries are, download an app called “Picture This” on Apple.
It’s a plant identification app.
Works even if you don’t have signal by taking a pic of the plant using the app. When you get back to internet service it identifies it.
Was that you that showed me that app when you were here? Someone did recently and I can’t remember who it was. I already asked a couple people here I know and it wasn’t them.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Was that you that showed me that app when you were here? Someone did recently and I can’t remember who it was. I already asked a couple people here I know and it wasn’t them.
Yes, that was me. It only costs if you get the pro version. The free version is limited but works pretty well.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Here's a few recent pics of my main spot with just used oil out. I'm planning to go place bait barrels tomorrow so stay tuned for hopefully more pics.Not sure why the date messed up. I'll have to fix that

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The one standing close to the camera isn’t bad (have much bigger ones around) but the other is about a 2 year old and too small and needs to grow up.
A cub(s) stay with momma for 1.5-2 years before she pushes them away. A sow only come into heat every 2 years or if her dependent young die.
So that young’n was born last winter. Cubs are born during winter/ hibernation time. So when they emerge they are at least able to follow along and feed on their own, but they do you still suckle for added nourishment.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
It’s been a crazy week around here. My wife had emergency surgery on Monday. She’s was expected to be released tomorrow or even Friday. We are now waiting on discharge papers as I write this.
So today was opening day of the fall baiting season. A coworker and I went and got my baits put in bright and early this morning before getting the discharge call. I just happen to be in the one spot I get cell service when the call came in at my main site.
Anyway here’s a few pics from a couple of my cams over the past week. I yet again forgot to reset the date/ time stamp after replacing batteries.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I did adjust this camera for a better view. It was clearly tilted too high.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Decent Elk in the pics. I’d take him.
Hoping the best for you. Certainly put in the time and work to have some success.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Decent Elk in the pics. I’d take him.
Hoping the best for you. Certainly put in the time and work to have some success.
I think getting them on camera and seeing them in person is and will be more of a thrill than harvesting one. But I do have the promise of a rug I need to fulfill.
However after what happened this spring my heart is heavy this fall. I’ve got 2 guys who will be using my baits on the days I can not. The outta staters are already showing up in droves for the start of elk and deer next week. Only time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Today my youngest boy and I met up with a buddy and his daughter. Helped him get his elk camp set up and he helped me get my tree stand set up. Gonna try a different tactic with the crossbow for bears. Both baits were hit multiple times over the last 4 days. Need to get SD cards downloaded still. A few pics from today.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
awesome pics! Be careful using those thin climbing straps. One of our Ok game wardens used an improvised climbing system and is partially paralyzed and medically retired now.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
awesome pics! Be careful using those thin climbing straps. One of our Ok game wardens used an improvised climbing system and is partially paralyzed and medically retired now.
That was a ratchet strap holding my arse up. You can see the ratchet buckle on my left side. Since I sold my climber and hang on before leaving OK I sold the safety harnessers with them. We were screwing in the 8”x 1/2”x 3/4” drive lag bolts I’m using for steps with my DeWalt hammer drill.
I have a new safety harness coming in the mail right now. My BP was high setting it up for sure.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Looks like you have mastered the baiting thing again this year. What’s the temperature been like? Good luck and stay safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Temps are falling. When I arrived on mountain about 0700 it was 37*. My buddy said it dropped about freezing in the night. When we left at out 1430 it was 81*. I did see some young aspens with leaves starting to change to a golden yellow. In a month many leaves will already be falling.
My buddy did say he heard a few elk bugles in the night from that canyon I have pics of.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
My baits are getting hit everyday at various times. I know of 7 different bears between the 2 spots. Had a co worker go put a stand on my new spot this morning. A bear tore up my built ground blind and left a calling card in the middle of it.
I personally like spring bear hunting.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts