Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Holy crap! That was a bad accident. Hoping for a swift recovery.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Well my buddy got the crap show of doctors this hospital had to offer. He called me about 2am Saturday morning. He told me he told them no narcotic pain meds and nothing to make him drowsy. They shot him up with morphine and Dilaudid (sp) and medically sedated him anyway. When he came to he lost his mind as to what happened. He asked to have his shoulder looked at as he insisted it was a dislocated. The ER doc wouldn’t do it. When the nurse in the ER told the doctor his shoulder looked dislocated the doc asked her who had the MD degree. My buddy and his wife grabbed up his stuff and he walked outta the hospital with gown on and IV still in his arm.
He insisted on going back to camp and trying to hunt. So we all loaded up early Saturday morning and headed to deer/ elk & bear camp.
I called my neighbor who is one of the hospital directors and deals with the HR complaints.He opened an investigation into the doc and my buddy’s treatment.
We all left camp yesterday. My buddy went to the Casper hospital today. His shoulder was intact still dislocated but they also determined he had a concussion as well.
No deer, elk or bear from anyone.

My son did get his truck window busted out by a passing truck of teenage road hunters. GW & Sheriff were contacted and reports made. They believe it was the same guys taking .22 pop shots at other vehicles and campers this weekend. Licky I wasn’t around when any of it happened or I’d have returned fire.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Here a few interesting videos for the last few days.
This is the first big cat I’ve ever had on camera. He walked within 20y of my tree stand and bait site.
I only have a bear tag so this crazy racked bull got a walking pass. He was only 8y away from my tree.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Well my buddy got the crap show of doctors this hospital had to offer. He called me about 2am Saturday morning. He told me he told them no narcotic pain meds and nothing to make him drowsy. They shot him up with morphine and Dilaudid (sp) and medically sedated him anyway. When he came to he lost his mind as to what happened. He asked to have his shoulder looked at as he insisted it was a dislocated. The ER doc wouldn’t do it. When the nurse in the ER told the doctor his shoulder looked dislocated the doc asked her who had the MD degree. My buddy and his wife grabbed up his stuff and he walked outta the hospital with gown on and IV still in his arm.
He insisted on going back to camp and trying to hunt. So we all loaded up early Saturday morning and headed to deer/ elk & bear camp.
I called my neighbor who is one of the hospital directors and deals with the HR complaints.He opened an investigation into the doc and my buddy’s treatment.
We all left camp yesterday. My buddy went to the Casper hospital today. His shoulder was intact still dislocated but they also determined he had a concussion as well.

My son did get his truck window busted out by a passing truck of teenage road hunters. GW & Sheriff were contacted and reports made. They believe it was the same guys taking .22 pop shots at other vehicles and campers this weekend. Licky I wasn’t around when any of it happened or I’d have returned fire.

Well if it was me I would sue the doctor for malpractice. 2 those teenagers would be in world of trouble if I had been there.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Talked to him about an hour ago. SOB was back at camp for the weekend. He just doesn’t quit. He went and check my baits for me and both have been hit. That’s about a 4 mile hike round trip to both sites. I’ll pull SD cards Saturday and see what’s up.
He’s still hurting but the doc in Casper where he lives took good care of him. On some good pain meds now.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts