Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I figured out how to comfortably carry my S&W 500 4" barrel concealed. I used a Uncle mikes size 5 inside the pant holster that I carry my berreta 92F in the small of my back with. Surpringly very comfortable and with a over shirt or Jacket this behemoth actually conceals very well. My wife did could not even tell I had it on me until I lifted my shirt up. Just thought any one with a S&W 500 might be interested in theis info. I can only imagine what will be going through any dirtbags mind if I ever need to pull this bad boy out as they look down the business end of my gun.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put this info on the NAHC site as well just for information for other S&W 500 owners to use but in return started getting slack from some folks becasue they think I must be nuts for packing this gun CCW. Its amazing how many people like to put out negative info or smart A## remarks. I guess they figure that if they can't handle the big bore guns then how can I.

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
I posted on there once about shooting 25 rounds with my .44 mag using hot reloads, blasting turtles out of the mud in the creek at my farm. I was informed that it was highly unlikely I could shoot more than 6-10 rounds in a day without causing permanent damage of some sort to my body ??? ???

I suspect that person owns nothing bigger than a .22 and judges others by his limp wrists :mad:

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
My gawd, 10 rounds from a .44 mag will hurt ya. Where do ya find 10 rnd boxes of ammo, cause if you open a box of ammo you have to fire all of it don't ya????? I mean they don't close back up do they, and the left over ammo will get lonely won't they???

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
you are absolutly correct. Ammunition has a shelf life of less than 24 hours after the sealed box has been opened.
Thank you for bringing this to everyones attention ::) :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just a point of interest guys, .45 cal is the largest you can legally carry for CCW. I was planning on getting a 500 til I found that out.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Good info to know,Farmboy.

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
Just a point of interest guys, .45 cal is the largest you can legally carry for CCW. I was planning on getting a 500 til I found that out.
I hadn't thought of that until you posted it. That would be an okie reg. What is it in Oregon Rfreeman?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts