Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a 90+ year old man yesterday while I was eating breakfast at a restraunt. He said he had 2 old S&W revolvers for sale. He brought them today for me to look at. One of them is Nickel plated and the serial # starts with a V which according to my googling should mean it is a Victory model made between 1941-1945. The old man said it belonged to one of our officers. It also has the Tyler T-Grip on it. If only this gun could talk. The Blued one is a Model 10-7. So it would have to have been made sometime after 1957. Thats when Smith went to the numbered system still in use now. I know a guy that works for Smith and going to give him the serial #'s and see what I can find out about them. The nickel one has the nickel flaking off in several spots and lots of holster wear. The Smith and Wesson name on the barrel is almost wore off, as is the Smith emblem on the sideplate. It has lots of character for sure. I got them both for $400. I just wish the blued one had the original grips. The old man said he has had them locked in a safe in CA for the past 50 years. They havent ben shot in over 50 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Cool. My dads got and old S&W .38 that belonged to my mothers dad. Its the old T-handle break action revolver.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Man, thats a deal!

I was given a model 10 M&P several years ago. Got a call from a friend about 10pm one night. He asked me if I wanted a pistol. Told him I wasn't interested, but would ask around to see if anybody wanted to buy it.
He said, its not for sale, if I want it, come get it, so jumped in the car and went to his house.
Seems his 4 year old had found it in a night stand, and had already cocked it before walking into the front room.
His wife was so angry, that she told him either the gun or he was leaving that night, so I ended up with it.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh crap. That will make u pucker.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Thats an interesting grip extension on the nickle plated one.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a Tyler T grip. They were quite popular back in the day. They are made here in OKC and I understand they are back in business. Google them. It makes the grip feel so much better.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool ole guns.
Nice to see the old styles of both.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Those are some cool pistols, do like the T-grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts