Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a Gunbroker junkie. I literally spend as much time on that site as any other. I'll peruse the ads, looking for something that I "need" at a reasonable price and make a bid on it up to the point where it would have been a decent deal in 2019. As you can expect...I might win 5% of the time at most. I don't even bother trying to bid on stuff like primers.

Two days ago, I managed to be the only bidder on three boxes of Nosler 165gr Ballistic Tips in .308, which is my go-to for deer in that caliber. If memory serves correctly I already have 400, so maybe I can try putting 50 of these into hogs down the road. I paid approximately 2010 prices for those.

Anyways, yesterday I happened to be the only bidder on an 8lb jug of IMR 4955, so I got it for the starting bid of $225. Guys who don't reload won't care, and I don't blame you. There isn't a lot of demand for the new IMR Enduron powders because they were too new before this BS crisis. However they function just as well as any IMR/Hodgdon powder, and are a lot more temperature stable than their predecessors.

By the time I paid hazmat, I was about $10 more than if I would have found it from a big name supplier in 2019. This will provide me ~850 reloads for my 7mm RM.

I should mention that at this point I'm well past buying supplies that I'll need in my lifetime...rather, I'm doing it to have something for my kids to be able to use. Keep it dry and cool, and it will last decades without issue.

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
I'm a reloading supplies hoarder. Shelves and tubs of brass, cabinets full of powder/primers/bullets.
I've been a competition shooter for many years and wanted to keep shooting during the lean cycles. Only one way to do that.
I much prefer shooting .22 rimfire at .03-.04 cents per round vs what folks are paying now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a reloading supplies hoarder. Shelves and tubs of brass, cabinets full of powder/primers/bullets.
I've been a competition shooter for many years and wanted to keep shooting during the lean cycles. Only one way to do that.
I much prefer shooting .22 rimfire at .03-.04 cents per round vs what folks are paying now.
You aren't kidding.

In 2016 when .22LR finally made it back on scene at normal prices after a four year period of craziness, I picked up five, 5,250 round cases of Federal Bulk 36gr plated HP at .04 cents on the nose. Talk about an investment opportunity...I could sell out and buy a Cadillac right now 😆.

If it weren't for Gunbroker, I'd be pretty well off financially...

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
While in Missouri this last week, we were able to visit with a sister-in-law and her husband from Arkansas. He asked if I wanted to shoot his pistols with him. He sat up a target so we shot the 3 pistols he had brought. He told me at an estate sale he had picked up a 1000 rounds of 9mm for 8 cents a round and a 1000 rounds of .223 for 15 cents a round. He said no one was bidding so he sat happy with 3 boxes under his chair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts