Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never goose hunted the Sep season, but I'm going to a field this Saturday morning to try for a few, then finish the morning off with dove. Is anyone else going to do the same?

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I really want to but after having been out of town the last 4 days hunting I gotta work on the to-do-list a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Got to work.
Or it would be game on.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Well, I don't hunt waterfowl, not that I havent in the past, but nobody in my area does that I hunt with.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Well then you need to travel a bit.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dennis, with your open fields up there, do you have a lot of geese come in, especially snow geese?

You're welcome to join us tomorrow. Just need to get your waterfowl stamp. We're meeting up at 5:45 AM though!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
We have tons of geese, greaters and lessers. Very few snow geese though. Traveling west one will start to see snows.
Thanks for the invite though. I will only have one or two days off for the next 6 weeks. Plant overhaul.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I'm certain I could get up there around regular goose season! ;) ;)

I'd even be willing to share the bounty with you!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Let me clarify, we have tons of geese in Kay and noble counties. The snows, and lessers are in far west Grant County.

None of which are on land of mine. I do have access to a pond that typically has geese on it, but its bone dry now with the drought.

If we get some rain, and the farmer puts in some wheat, the geese will be thick if its like years past.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep me updated! I love goose hunting, but they don't always come to my pond. I set some goose decoys out to one side of my duck spread just in case, but I definitely don't always see geese. :(

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I know someone who put the smack down down this morning.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Me too! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
September 10 early resident goose season.......

had a great hunt, it was slow at first singles and doubles then the flood gates opened up and wave

after wave rolled into the spread......Three man limit heck yea

what a great morning ;D

will post pictures soon

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Congrats on a good hunt!
Looking forward to the pics :D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Congrats to y'all!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

These were in a group of around 30 that came in. I couldn't reload fast enough. I dropped two of these, and my buddy dropped one! Looking forward to next Saturday morning too!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Wish I had off, could of killed limits in minutes. 1000's & 1000's were loading in for weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry guys here is the picture i was promising...we found these birds on the Texas side ;) of the river so it was a full three man limit of Texas birds. ;D

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
You guys did great! Congrats on getting a limit :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts