Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to offer up this topic as a place to check in and report that all is hopefully well with and yourse now that it's tornado season and tornados have already hit Oklahoma. We all worry about our fellow forum members when the weather gets bad. So please post up and let us know that all is well or that you are OK but have damage.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Nothing going on around our neck of the woods.
Some times I want to whup some of these weather folks up beside the head. They get so hyped up, and then nothing happens. They do a great job when there is some REAL bad weather. 24-7 coverage for a 40mph wind and some sprinkles is a little much though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We had pea size to marble size hail here in Lawton but nothing else except to the NW in the Wichita Wildlife area a Tornado there.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well glad to say we dodged an EF-3 last night. Had just left the awards banquet and headed to the church the daycare was at to get the kids. Didn't get to church and sirens went off. Got to church into the shelter and twister went just south a block or two. Got back to hotel a bit later stuff all over the roads and power is still out here at the hotel. Headed into work and will likely spent the day with clean up efforts. Twister nicked the base as well.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Julie and I left the church, less than 1/2 mile south of I-40 on US-177 on Friday evening, less than about 5 minutes before the tornado set down at I-40 and 177. Too close for me. I want to see a tornado, not be in one! Keeping the families of those in Woodward in my prayers!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Just lots of wind here. Thank God. I was hit by the May 3 F5 and dont care to ever do it again.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My neighborhood was hit by the May 3rd twister. Still have 3 open lots on my street were they never rebuilt. Seeing all the damage today was increadable. On my way back to the city now so aside from heavy winds it's sunny and nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts