Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up if you're in the Shawnee area and like old tractors. They are having a tractor show at the feed store located at SH 177 and Hardesty Rd. Looked like upwards of 75 or so tractors, one steam powered, an old hay baler, thrasher and an old one lunger engine chuff puffin away. Had a tractor pull this afternoon, pretty cool to watch the old machinery in action.

·
Administrator
13,581 Posts
I like old Iron.
I have a 1946 Case SC row crop tractor. Uses a hand clutch, and has pto and a two point lift.

The 4 cylinder gas engine runs really good after getting the valves reground. Currently the brass, 2 piece throw-out bearing is out of it, but I located one in Wisconsin and have it now ready to put back in. I use the tractor to brush-hog around the farm.

·
Administrator
13,581 Posts
Found a pic

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice tractor, I like the look of a steel open wheels on the rear. Watched some more of the tractor pulls and it was kind of funny to watch a smaller Massey out pull a bigger JD.

·
Administrator
13,581 Posts
I'm not all onto the science of tractor pulling, but given the same tread design and heigth, then weight should be the factor. JD has always been over-rated as a tractor IMHO. Good tractor, but there are others that have been in the field longer with less problems.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm totally non biased on the brand of tractor, but I know few guys that have the big 8 wheel drive mongo tractors and they all say that just about anything will out pull a like JD. But hey if you like green I say go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts