Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new favorite varmint rig. Blooded it with Bobcats. I wanted to try it out on does. But they disappeared on me. My bestfriends brother did wound a nice 9pt., and as luck would have it, he came to the edge of the treeline at the meadow I was watching. I saw him and confirmed with my binos that he was wounded. Had blood all over his leg. I got a good rest and put a finisher in him at 239 yards. The 68gr HP performed excellent. He dropped. I was impressed by its performance. If I wouldnt have been there, Im quite sure that he would have been coyote, bobcat, or cougar food. The scope is just a cheap 3x9x28 w/illuminated recticle. Got it from Cheaper Than Dirt for $60. Not the best scope but it works good.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
OMG! your are hunting with an Assault rifle? That is a war gun! OMG it has a magazine more that a bolt rifle! OMG.....and so on.
Glad to see another hunter using the AR platform to hunt with. ;D
I even took a doe with an assult weapon that is 80 yrs old this season.
A rebarreled 7.7 jap in a 300 savage.

Nice weapon ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And thats even a legal 5 round magazine. Looks like a 20 rounder, but has the block in it so it will only hold 5. Never have understood that rule. Cant be more than 7 for a 22, but i can have a 100 rounder for my 30 cal. ???

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
And thats even a legal 5 round magazine. Looks like a 20 rounder, but has the block in it so it will only hold 5. Never have understood that rule. Cant be more than 7 for a 22, but i can have a 100 rounder for my 30 cal. ???
Yeah, the ODW needs to adress that issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.