Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night our entire street got hit by thugs. :mad:
Around 11:00p.m.-3:30 a.m. the crime wave hit.

They or them were only after one thing open vehicles.
Up one side of the street then back down the other.
Money & quick cash is what they took from over 8 vehicles.

My truck got hit...It was left unlock, yet nothing was broken or taken. ??? ::) ???
It will always be locked from now on. The next door neighbors were not so lucky.
Cash,credit cards & her purse along with smokes were taken.

The thug or thugs picked a good night to do the crime wave.
It was cold out & the wind was blowing strong.
Some of neighbors say, they may of heard them but were not for sure due to the high winds we had last night.

I believe we got us a wake up call last night to what might happen again.
No more leaving the truck unlocked after dark.

They have a suspect or two & are following up on leads.
Since mid morning.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Probably some of the neighborhood kids. I was at a friends house several years ago, and had my Bell Helmet, riding boots, and other racing equip in my truck. It was unlocked and they went thru the ashtray and glove box getting a couple bucks of change. Left all the other stuff.
I pretty much lock my vehicles even in the garage with the door down, as I've read of people leaving their keys in the car while in the garage, and the burgler just gets in the car and drives away with all your other stuff he stole. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That it what some believe it to be..new kids from new families that moved in.
They just wanted fast cash & nothing else well @ least for now.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
They'd better watch out as they might get a few ounces of lead for their efforts!!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They just could if they try again.
Or have a mouth full of 10 gauge barrel to suck on till the cops arrive. ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
I always lock my car doors for this very reason. I also have a sign on my door saying "Robbing this house is not worth you life". I always carry and keep one in condition 1. Call me paranoid but no one can protect me and my family better than me.

Sorry you and the neighbors got robbed. Hope they catch them before you and the neighbors do.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were lucky.They didn't take anything from our truck.
Some were not so lucky still they went through my truck! :mad:

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I always lock my car doors for this very reason. I also have a sign on my door saying "Robbing this house is not worth you life". I always carry and keep one in condition 1. Call me paranoid but no one can protect me and my family better than me.

Sorry you and the neighbors got robbed. Hope they catch them before you and the neighbors do.
Exactly. You never know when somebody is going to bust through your door, and if you don't have a weapon at hand, your a victim. I eat, sleep, and do whatever with mine.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts

Exactly. You never know when somebody is going to bust through your door, and if you don't have a weapon at hand, your a victim. I eat, sleep, and do whatever with mine.

My wife still won't let me wear mine for some things. ::) ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts