Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

So What's Going To Be Your Next

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Bullbuster 
#1 ·
So what's going to be the next buy for you all? I've got a hankerin to buy a john boat to replace the two that the tonado broke and I've become a red dot whore. Any of you all have a weakness?

#2 ·
I'm a dot whore as well. I've got four on the shelf looking for a gun to be under them. Two have been picked up off of a prize table at matches, and the other two are some I've purchased.
As far as things I NEED, I'm pretty well covered. Things that I want, would be a case or bullet loader for the Hornady LNL progressive, and Bullbuster to bring me back a fine SXS from Turkey!

#3 ·
I'm a dot whore as well. I've got four on the shelf looking for a gun to be under them. Two have been picked up off of a prize table at matches, and the other two are some I've purchased.
As far as things I NEED, I'm pretty well covered. Things that I want, would be a case or bullet loader for the Hornady LNL progressive, and Bullbuster to bring me back a fine SXS from Turkey!

You crack me up man. I'll see what I can do hows that.

#11 ·
My .243WSSM upper, does not have a dust cover because of the fat case.
I served back in the day when the dust(should have been named the mud cover) was in service. No picatinny rails, no lights, no nothing other than a carry handle with open sights. 500 rounds or so and it started jamming. Cleaning your weapon in a firefight is not pleasant. Dirty powders and other things contributed to the failures. Lots of American Soldiers lost their lives to the M-16 in its earlier days.

I'm looking forward to your build. If you can post pics and come up with a little tutorial, it would be AWESOME!

#12 ·
Think I could live without the fwd assit, although it is a good indicator to clean your chamber if you start having to use the darned thing. Now the dust cover, dunno, think I'd want that just for giggles, unless I had a fancy chrome bolt carrier group.

#13 ·
I have such a long list, I don't know where to begin. Here is my wishlist:

T-5 Arrow Web quiver for my Mathews Z7
Stabilizer (still having a hard time deciding which one)
More arrows (GoldTip Hunter XT 5575)
Lumenocks (green)
New camo (my old camo is only 5 yrs old, and I'm starting to repair holes)
Bowfishing rig for my recurve
New hunting boots (my Rocky's are about 13 years old now, and no longer waterproof)
3 point tiller (5 ft)
Left-handed bow for my wife
Camo for my kids

I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting. I've even thought about going ahead and getting a lifetime fishing license for me, and lifetime hunting (or combo) licenses for my kids (ages 4 & 6 right now). I just don't know if I should wait to see if they'll even enjoy hunting. By then, though, the lifetime licenses may be too expensive, if they're even still around!

#14 ·
3 point tiller (5 ft)
Get ready to lay down some change. Even used ones at auctions bring new price. I have a 6' King Kutter. Fully gear driven. Count the number of blades/tines on the cheaper ones vs the King Kutter my buddy bought some thing made in china that has 1/3 less tines. It works, but doesnt prepare the soil very well unless he goes over it twice The chain drive models are prone to failure.
I bought my kids their lifetime fishing license for their HS graduation presents. They never really got into hunting no matter how many times I took them, but loved the fishing. One son lives in Dallas now but fishes/camps in Ok. So he really gets an advantage. Other don lives in Ponca, so we fish on occasion.

#15 ·
A friend of mine saw one at an auction that went for $1000. He thought about bidding on it while it was at like $800, but didn't. We're going to be watching the auctions.

#16 ·
Forgot to add a ground blind so I can take my kids with me. I'm also going to buy some lumber to turn a couple of my old trailers into portable ground blinds to pull behind my 4-wheeler, and drop it off for the season.

#17 ·
there is a guy about two miles from where I hunt that has an unlicensed toyota pickup that built an elevated box blind in the bed of the truck. Only 10' high, but he drives it out to where he wants to park it for deer season about september so they get used to it, and at the end of the season, it gets parked in the barn. Cool Idea if one has the room.

#19 ·
Well the boat buying didn't go as planned. A new lower and 6.8 upper got in the way of that. Now need ammo and mags and maybe a red dot....?

#22 ·
a case of heavy shot 3 1/2 #4 when i can afford it.

#23 ·
More money and a one way ticket back onto active duty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.