Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up in Shawnee, OK, about 25 mi east of Oklahoma City, and now live in Okemah, about 30 mi east of Shawnee.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Why you're from my neck of the woods. I grew up in Pearson on Salt Creek bottom and now live just west of Earlsboro off of Hwy 9.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well, I be darn...I use to hunt on Salt Creek Bottom over on the old Maud Highway...My uncle lived in Konawa and we would **** hunt and deer hunt on the salt fork...I grew up on the South Canadian River a few miles south and west of Sasakwa..I have lived near Morrison ( North of Stillwater) now for the last 32 years...Thanks a lot for the thread...pretty neat idea to hear where everyone is from...Sasakwa ;D

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Born and raised in Ponca City. Lived here all my life except for a 5 1/2 year tour in the Army in the early 70's.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Grew up in central California-Madera/Fresno area.
Went to Alaska for awhile about 4 years.
Then back to central California.
Got a way to get out of California about 10 years ago & took it.
Live in S.W. Oklahoma -Medicine Park now.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Well I was born and raised in Kennewick, WA till Uncle Sam took me away 12 years ago. Have lived in Guam, Lemoore-CA, Norfolk/ Virginia Beach-VA, and now OKC. Have also done short stays in Chicago-Il, Pensicola-FL, and San Diago-CA.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I was a military brat.Born in Florida,lived in Corpus Christi-Texas,China Lake-California,Washington-state.
Bullbuster I also lived in lemoore-california around 1976.Moved to Prague 1977 been here since then.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
I liked Lemoore even if it was in BFE. Had a great hunting partner with connections on prime hog lands. He was the first person to invite me into his family's deer camp. Everything I know about hog and blacktail hunting I owe to him.

·
Registered
918 Posts
born in tulsa moved grew up in piedmont moved to wy for a yr then back to ok living in canton now with a kick @$$ job

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! Many of us live very close to each other. We need to get together frequently and do something. Even if it's just to fish or something. Also in the spring, we can go herping (looking for reptiles and amphibians).

Bird, I drive past you all the time. My sister lives in Tecumseh, and we go through Seminole and take Hwy 9 to get from our house to hers when we visit, about once a month, and sometimes more. It's faster than going through Shawnee.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
OkHerp, next time your down this way, give a call. I'm sure we could get some lies going one way or another!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Grew up in Nashville, Tn but I have lived in SW OK for 25 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts