Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Pretty cool. I’ve never taken a banded bird. Cold morning to be out!

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Real cold, y’all must have wanted them! With the bands can’t you look up where the bird was banded or am I talking jones here
The cajuns were driving back home this afternoon and they wanted one last shoot. It was tough after getting wet then having temps drop. Hard not to go when they are bunched up like this. Yes you can. Gonna do that this afternoon. After you enter the band # into the system the will send you a certificate with all the info. I probably have a couple dozen goose bands and only 1 goose wasn't banded in either canada or Maine. It was caught and banded 8 miles west of Burbank Oklahoma and was 9 years old when I killed it. I've shot a few double banded bounty birds also. The bands have $25, $50 and I think $100 on them. If it's double banded you get twice the amount in form of a check after entering the band #.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The cajuns were driving back home this afternoon and they wanted one last shoot. It was tough after getting wet then having temps drop. Hard not to go when they are bunched up like this. Yes you can. Gonna do that this afternoon. After you enter the band # into the system the will send you a certificate with all the info. I probably have a couple dozen goose bands and only 1 goose wasn't banded in either canada or Maine. It was caught and banded 8 miles west of Burbank Oklahoma and was 9 years old when I killed it. I've shot a few double banded bounty birds also. The bands have $25, $50 and I think $100 on them. If it's double banded you get twice the amount in form of a check after entering the band #.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
That’s pretty dang cool. Who pays the money?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Wow. I shot my last banded bird 40 years ago when I was in High school.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Was -11 this morning when I left to house. Saw 4 ducks fly over why getting gas but we were headed elk hunting and saw 200+ of them.
I’ve never shot a banded bird before either. I have seen deer, elk and bighorn sheep around here with transmitter callers on if that’s any consultation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts