Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What do y'all think is there any chance I might get a squirrel if I go out later if it's not windy? It's 35° right now so my fingers will be cold but I've got an itch to go wander around in the woods and shoot at things. 😁
Product Communication Device Mobile device Portable communications device Font

·
Super Moderator
13,454 Posts
It appears the answer is no squirrels don't come out when it's this cold. 😔 Also my fingers don't like to come out when it's this cold.
Saw a squirrel running down the power line in front of my place this afternoon. They do come out when it’s cold. Our high was 18* today with single digit wind chills. I’d rather have taken some of the collard dove in the pine tree in the front yard instead.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Saw a squirrel running down the power line in front of my place this afternoon. They do come out when it’s cold. Our high was 18* today with single digit wind chills. I’d rather have taken some of the collard dove in the pine tree in the front yard instead.
Yeah I keep seeing them on fences and power lines in town they're tempting me to start carrying a gun in my work truck. 😂

·
Super Moderator
13,454 Posts
Yeah I keep seeing them on fences and power lines in town they're tempting me to start carrying a gun in my work truck. 😂
If it makes you feel better I’m sure he was running to stay warm. It was -21 with the wind chill here at 4am.

• Sad
Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
We had them running around our yard this morning at 22 degrees F.

·
Super Moderator
13,454 Posts
Dress in layers based on your physical activity levels. I wanna try my new pack boots that are rated to -50.

Reactions: Freezypellets
21 - 31 of 31 Posts