Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Squirrel hunting

4K views 81 replies 6 participants last post by  Freezypellets 
#1 ·
I took my son with me the other day to try squirrel hunting. He didn't actually get to cary a gun but I wanted a picture of both of us with our guns.
We didn't see a single squirrel that afternoon because it was too windy and early (not to mention little kids don't walk very quiet. 😁) but we had a lot of fun wandering around 1500+ acres of woods.
Tree Car Happy Recreation Shotgun
Sky Cloud Water Natural landscape Vegetation
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

See less See more
#52 ·
I’ve had dillos walk up to me while still hunting. Sounded like a Buffalo running through the leaves.

Reactions: dennishoddy
#58 ·
We have lots of black walnut and pecan trees. I can open any of my doors and use the frame for a sniper shot 😂. Have y’all ever tried rubbing 2 dimes together to imitate the sound of a bushy tail eating a nut? I’ve heard it works, but haven’t tried it

#66 ·
Need to learn and bow hunt them with a long bow or recurve. May come in handy one day.

#70 ·
Well it's pretty down at Elsworth in the rain but it sure isn't helping me get any squirrels this opening day of squirrel season. [emoji20] View attachment 10519
I was turkey hunting out there and the ticks were out. Better have some good insect repellent well you're looking for those tree rats.

#71 ·
Looks like a flood during a down pour.

Reactions: Freezypellets
#72 ·
Supposed to be nice sunny weather the next couple of days, so you should get into some. Good Luck!

#74 ·
Where at Ellsworth are you hunting them?

#75 ·
Towards the end of the season last year I tried a spot on the east shore but today I was planning on hunting the west shore by Edgewater park if we hadn't got rained out. Instead I took my wife and kids and brother in law fishing on the bridge between Edgewater and Porter hill. It was fun even though we didn't catch anything. We plan to do it again but next time we are going to try to get carp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.