Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started the new job yesterday and I must say it's going to be a long first 2 weeks.. Lots of training for a couple weeks with a fellow employee, then a week or so in class learning the software. Then if they happen to decide to I might actually be able to work..They were told 2-4 weeks on all my logins I need to do my job, get my pc ready and get my phone setup..They aren't allowed to submit the request till after I had done my initial paperwork to get my badge and sticker to get on base then they could request that info..lol So 4 weeks of tax payer dollars to do nothing but watch someone else work..:)

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Welcome to the club.
When I started at my job, I was hired on my job background and experience. 22 years in the electronic field, + 6 years military electronics. I was immediately put into a training program that lasted three years with time spent on the computer, time in the field with subject matter experts, and so on. You just have to deal with it. Every place has its own system, and way of doing things. Did I learn anything? You betcha!
There is so much to learn, that I'm still like an information vacuum every day.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Congrads on the new start. I feel your pain on the head banging wall part. One of my duties is Security Manager and I know exactly what you're dealing with on the 'puter access and all. It takes a while if everything goes correctly, which seldom happens. Hang in there and enjoy the time while ya can.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The person I have been sitting with the past couple days has been out there for 10 yrs now and she said I picked up the software process that she's showed me so far faster then anyone she has known. My boss and the director of operations both told me today once the next level position comes open I am in since I am the only staff in that is not at the Accountant 2 position that has a degree in accounting. Goal is to make supervisor in 2 yrs..:) I will have my MBA by then so should be able to achieve that goal. I am mainly just glad to finally be earning a pay check and now my wife and I have insurance. We had a policy on the kids that covered only major medical just as security net so we wouldn't go bankrupt if one of the kids got real sick. The benefits alone are worth any hassle i have to put up with since they take affect July 1 and will be retro'd back to June 8. They just can't add me to the group till the 1st of the month.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The insurance is always along wait.
I had to give 90 days till they kicked them in.

It's good to hear your out of the slump finally buddy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts