Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get antsy about if I'll be around for deer season and even bigger yet is will I get drawn out for a hunt??? Want to take the 6.8 out for it's first deer season.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
LOL! I partipate in several forums, and have recently noted that the conversations have turned from crappie fishing, to deer hunting.

Guess we are all looking forward to the upcoming season. I know there is a lot of work for me to do. Too danged hot right now.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does seem crazy to be thinking about deer hunting while it's 100+, but that's half the fun!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Haha! I mowed a couple areas the other day that are (hopefully) going to be food plots!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Shoot the coastal A-zone archery deer season opens this Saturday out in Cali. I used to hunt it and yes it's bloody hot.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Ya think 115 or better.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I hate early bow season around Ok because of the heat and skeeters. That would be tough in Cali.
Is it hunting in the mountains?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The coast so depending if you where north or south.
You could be hunting the mountains or rolling hills or desert.
We hunted along rolling hills around Monterey & Kettleman hills.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Where we hunted it was coastal mountain. U could feel the sea breeze and that was nice but u had to be on the west side facing the ocean. If not it was harsh. Not much heavy timber to hunt mid day.

Can u believe that dove season will start in a month. This year has gone fast to me.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I'm counting the day,I got another dove heaven to go shoot up this season.
Kid's place is loaded up with dove just hope the water level in the ponds stay right.
I'll have to shoot ya a few limits,So you don't feel left out.Since you won't be around. O' well someone got to do it. ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Well it's not the first hunting season I have missed in a long time all do to deployments and it's likely not going to be the last.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
O the life of a x-navy man. :eek: ;D ;D .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man, I'm getting so excited I can't hardly stand it. Watching a lot of Outdoor Channel.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Are you interested in getting into the hunting contest?
No biggie. Some do and some don't.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm counting the day,I got another dove heaven to go shoot up this season.
Kid's place is loaded up with dove just hope the water level in the ponds stay right.
I'll have to shoot ya a few limits,So you don't feel left out.Since you won't be around. O' well someone got to do it. ;D
Gonna miss the opening week of muzzle loader, but think I'm off the rest of deer season.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I've been rat holing my vacation for this fall. Have to take 3 days for the draw hunt at Mcalister AAD, the first 6 days of MZ season is off, the week between MZ and gun season, we are going trout fishing in Arkansas and Missouri, then back to the first 9 days of gun season will be on vacation.
This is the time of year I live for. ;)

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Toooomorrow let the games begin! ;D
Good luck everybody and hey, let's be safe out there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts