Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
We need to look at some of the monstor forums and see what they are doing right.
Some like Oklahoma shooters.com, steelsoldiers.com, atv.com and so on.
Like our site they have a few chatterboxes, and normally have 10 or so new signups every day.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I could do that. I reload everything I have except .22

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Its been awhile back but I found that some do produce .22 rimfire reloads. I'll see if I can find it.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Or dove...just had some this weekend at a buddys house that was left over from last year. ;D

It still had the breast bone in......my preference is to fillet the breast, and wrap it in bacon with a spear of asparagus, and a slice of jalapeno ;D

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
What kind of recipies are you looking for? Sausage, burger, Steaks?

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Here is a no fail recipe for people that have never eaten deer.
Have your burger ground with pork fat. 20%
Form them into patties like a burger.
Coat with flour, and fry them in a skillet until browned on both sides.
Arrange in baking dish so that they are side by side, one layer with slices of bell pepper, salt, pepper and onion, with some fresh garlic. Then put a can or two of Cambells golden mushroom soup(do not add water like the can says) over the top of all of it along with some fresh sliced mushrooms. Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for one hour.

If they don't like mushrooms, use chicken soup instead of the mushroom, and shred some chicken into the soup.
Pretty tasty.:D

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
The steaks....if they are the backstrap steaks, just season, flour and fry,
If your not into frying, get some of the shake and bake stuff, and do them in the oven.
If they are the round steaks(I never get them) They will be a little tough, so I tenderize them with a meat hammer. tip: use Saran wrap or what ever you use, and put the steaks in between the Saran wrap, with the seasoning on the steak, and beat the heck out of them, and coat in flour, dip in egg mix, re- dip in flour, and make it into a chicken fry ;D

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Good suggestion. I hope OKCHunter will go for it.
;)

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I quit going there all together as I get tired of waiting for stuff to upload. More interesting on this site as its Okla specific for the most part, but we don't discourage other states from providing input. We all like to go to other areas if its possible, and input from them is appreciated.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Bird, my youngest son will be graduating from Navy bootcamp next Friday,then going into the nuke program.
Another congrats on your son graduating from bootcamp.
I know I'm a diehard conservative, but obama has endorsed the neuclear power plant concept, and I'm all for it. One of the smart things he has done and your son may benefit from it.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I agree. Those forums never get much traffic.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Same here. Gotta get a handle on you yahoo's in case your causing trouble......

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Have to do a little looking around and see what/if we can do.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
And who says we don't listen to the members?
The regional forums are gone. Just taking up real estate, not much activity.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
My phone and computer show the same times. Maybe one of the mods can help me.
At the top of the main forum, there is a place called settings. Its right next to your profile tab. Click on it.

On the left side of the page about half way down there is a link called General Settings. If you scroll down toward the bottom, you can set the forum time according to the time zone we are in. That should fix it. If not, give me a call.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I have a couple of thoughts.

First, would it be possible or very difficult to have the correct time on the post as they are made?..It may just be my computer but the times on the post are actually so far off that it's hard to really say when they were posted..

Second, what are you mods thoughts on all the sub forums under the Hunting Fishing and Outdoors section. Dennis as you know on the other site we have just one general forum: General Hunting and Fishing..any time we want to start a new thread we do so at that one site..Here we have the Hunting Fishing and outdoors section and under it we have 11 different sub forums where we could start a new thread..It makes it pretty well impossible for someone as dumb as me to even find a thread..Dennis, you remember all the griping over just starting one titled: Archery?
I'm just thinking while I type but to me we don't need everything from small game to hogs to even one sub forum titled Hunting..This is all under one that is already titled Hunting and Fishing..I better shut up cause I'm even confusing myself..You all have a good evening......Sasakwa...
We will talk about it. You have a good point.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
This forum is great! I know this is a couple years old but had to sing praise. A cooking tips section would be awesome.
We can make that happen. Good Idea! I'll create a thread in the Tavern thread and make it a sticky so it will always be at the top of the page.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.