Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

· Registered
840 Posts
What about putting a chat something or another on here? Then we could have live chat sessions. Some other forums I'm on have that and it is nice!

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
What about putting a chat something or another on here? Then we could have live chat sessions. Some other forums I'm on have that and it is nice!
Very true. Often times you will read posts on here and see that the multiple posts are but a minute apart and are more of a conversation than a post.

· Registered
840 Posts
Here is a link to the chat app we use on another forum. It seems to work pretty well. There are options for free chat app, and some that must be purchased.

http://www.addonchat.com/

· Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If I could find a chat app that integrates with SMF and the authentication ie user login I'd add it in a minute. Issue it all chat apps are seperate and require a new login. You then start to take away from the site and folks begin to stop using the forums.

I'll look into it and see what comes of it.

· Registered
840 Posts
I'll admit I don't know much about it, but on VenomList, I log into the forum, then just click the chat button, and I'm automatically logged into chat. And from what I read on that Java chat website, it is supposed to work with Simple Machines, phpBB, and a few others.

· Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'll admit I don't know much about it, but on VenomList, I log into the forum, then just click the chat button, and I'm automatically logged into chat. And from what I read on that Java chat website, it is supposed to work with Simple Machines, phpBB, and a few others.
Happen to know what chat program? I don't mind looking into it at all.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hunters search the Internet for tips, tricks, and gadgets. As they search, let this be the place where they learn the true art of hunting each kind of game and they'll stay for learning the truth about being truly successful. I hunted turkey in Cheyenne, OK with the Alabama state turkey calling champion in the fall. Who hunts turkey in the fall? I watched him "click", something turkeys do to herd their young. Apparently they never outgrow the urge to respond to it. It was amazing to watch him call in the birds. I went hog hunting with a Texas game warden and he showed me how the hogs hide and how to stay off their "radar" and now I really have fun. I take deer all the time on some really great land I neither own or lease because I know how to approach landowners and respect their property. I have a cheap shotgun and no wet gear, but I have a great dog from the pound, that will get the birds out of the water-- and he's a Pharohound/collie mix and not a retriever, I just spent time with him. I smoke and drink coffee waiting for deer and I am still very successful. I have a highly inaccurate Ruger ranch rifle and yet it still manages to take a lot of varmints and predators. I hunt squirrel with my wife's Walther P22. Be a place that teaches effective hunting and maybe they'll come and stay? There are so many gadget and "myth buster" sites out there spewing arguments amongst morons, that the true arts of hunting and shooting are being lost. Regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
153 Posts
This board quite simply has waaaay too many forums. Having so many forums keeps everything too spread out and stifles conversation. I'd suggest putting all the hunting stuff in one spot and if someone wants to talk about hunting in NW OK, they can start a thread about it or just visit the thread that someone else has already started. Just my .02 worth.

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Will pass it along to the higher ups.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I agree. Those forums never get much traffic.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Same here. Gotta get a handle on you yahoo's in case your causing trouble......

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
I just hit active topics at the top and it brings up all the recent posts with those posted in since I last was on. I'm sure it's the same thing y'all are doing really. I also like to check and see who is where and viewing what (I have like way supper cool powers and such that allow me to do that).

· Registered
2,811 Posts
A way to see the team points for the hunting contest without having to dig into the forum, then the thread, then find the post, then find the score in the post.......maybe I'm just being lazy.

Is there a way to post them where they're more easily seen?

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Have to do a little looking around and see what/if we can do.

· Registered
153 Posts
The first button I use when I get on the forum.
Yeah I think that's what most do once they get here and figure this place out but imo that's just more reason to kill off a good number of the forums. Concentrate everyone into one or two areas and it becomes more like an actual online community. As it is, it's more like an online united nations.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
And who says we don't listen to the members?
The regional forums are gone. Just taking up real estate, not much activity.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.