Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do any of you have a any superstitions like a certain hat, shirt or socks you wear hunting?
I always wear a certain camouflage cap and hoodie when I go duck hunting.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I always have my tags and licenses on me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Since my Dad died in 2014, I’ve been wearing one of his camo hunting shirts on almost every hunt. Of the hunts that I’ve had the shirt on...2014 173” buck, 2015 174” buck, 2017 154” buck, 2019 160” buck, and 2020 185” buck. I’m not saying it’s necessarily good luck because I do a lot of preseason prep work to set myself up for success, but I will continue to wear the shirt just in case.;)
That’s the shirt in my avatar picture.

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
I don’t have any superstitions or anything thing like that. I’m the only Hunter/gun owner in my family. Tradition starts with me.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I wear the same hat for years now! Nothing special about it and I didn’t realize I do it until I thought I lost it last year and panic set in. I’ve also got a face mask I’ve used every time I’m in the stand since I was 16. It’s been with me through countless moves hundreds of hunting trips several relationships and even a house fire! There’s got to be more folks on here that can add to this thread

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I always drive the same '97 Chevy Z71 truck to every hunt that I go on. Mostly cause I'm too cheap to buy a new truck.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've found that I wear the same clothes repeatedly. I have tons of camo I've accumulated over the years, but I have certain pants, shirts, and a hoodie I gravitate towards. Typically this is because I've been more successful in the field when wearing them I'd guess. If I wear an outfit and get skunked on a trip out, I'm more likely to rotate and wear something else the next trip.

Also, my quiver holds 6 arrows, they are numbered based on flight characteristics, #1 being best #6 worst. All my arrows are exactly the same, same brand/length/spine/fletching/inserts/broadheads, and tuned the same. I say worst, but I may just have some problem watching the arrow fly that I don't like, so it goes down the list. Deer hunting I always nock my #1 arrow, but if I'm in a squirrel dense area and an itchy trigger finger (so to speak), or if I see a varmint walk by, I'll nock my #6 arrow, even though #1-#6 has a negligible difference in flight or performance and for some reason I can't justify my #1 arrow on a squirrel.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
When duck or goose hunting on opening morning I take the 3rd shell from the right of the top layer. I then set the other 4 off to the side. Next layer I only take the middle shell. Then I set the remaining 4 and the entire 3rd row of shells aside. My final shell to load will be the first one on the right side of the fourth row.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
I always keep a junk Arrow or two in the quiver for armadillos or other vermin as well.

Reactions: retrieverman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts