Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I don't know about your rifle, bit it's been my experience that it takes some rounds to get the barrel broken in. Groups start to shrink after a few hundred rounds or so.
That's mostly been my experience as well, however, I've been fortunate to see a few of my rifles shoot MOA or better over the years. For this rifle's intended purpose, it should be plenty, if it gets better over time, even better.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The rifle is probably better than your getting with that optic at that range, but if your happy with the area your planning on shooting it in, it's a winner.
Yes I definitely believe it would shoot better with a higher magnification optic. Which kills me because with My 2-7 Nikon on my 7mm-08 I got 3.27" as my best group and 1.8" out of my new .243 with my 4-20x50 Athlon Argos sitting on top. I've got some experimenting to do.

Need to go buy a lot of different ammo and get some more trigger time.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
I agree with what you said. All of you have to buy a gun, not only a gun from unknown origins. For a quality rifle, everything must be mounted qualitatively. Without this, the quality of the weapon and the images will be poor and can lead to significant damage. In general, the rifle is dangerous, and we must be cautious. I'm sorry for you that you're in such a situation ... But why not buy a torque wrench to change the screws, and mount it from the beginning to be qualitative. I purchased my torque wrench for mounting my scope on a site. You should do the same if you still want to use this rifle.

Edited to delete spam link placed after original post was edited to add it*
No need to edit original post. Just start a new one.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
I agree with what you said. All of you have to buy a gun, not only a gun from unknown origins. For a quality rifle, everything must be mounted qualitatively. Without this, the quality of the weapon and the images will be poor and can lead to significant damage. In general, the rifle is dangerous, and we must be cautious. I'm sorry for you that you're in such a situation ... But why not buy a torque wrench to change the screws, and mount it from the beginning to be qualitative. I purchased my torque wrench for mounting my scope on a site. You should do the same if you still want to use this rifle.
Link deleted yet again!!
Oh see, now why did you have to add the spam link back to your post after I removed it?
Thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
He go bye bye

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
41 - 50 of 50 Posts