·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teal Season will be here on 11 Sept, 2010. ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
No need to wait till then to start hunting birds...Dove season is right around the corner Sept 1.
Never have done all that well with early teal & Canada goose.Just get a few.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like hunting teal more than doves. They quite a challenge because the are like divebombers. When I was younger I shot the heck out of doves and now they don't intrest me like they used too.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I just wanna get out and smell some burnt powder early in the morning.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TEAL SEASON IS COMING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY WATERFOWL SEASON IS HERE IN 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I'm looking forward to it as well.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone going to Hackberry Flats on the 11th?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 DAYS AND COUNTING. TEAL SEASON!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
4 Teal vs 8 Canada Geese?
Where going after geese.

Hope you nail the teal baby.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know where the teal are, but the geese are seeming to avoid the area around here near lawton where I hunt.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
;D I know a place you can catch geese on a fishing pole.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today is the big day! Teal season is here! I will send pics of the hunt.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Good luck y'all. I'm still stuck here at work but I go enter the blind draw at 1000 today for Lake Stanley Draper. Will likely head out tomorrow for some after work.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Well luck is with me and against me it seems. I was late getting to the draw sign up. They was already doing the draw and about half way done. There was about 30 people at the draw. I also happened to be the last name drawn and my 1st pic was already taken but my next four choices hadn't. So of the 8 blinds in the cove I wanted only two are taken so far. So I'm happy about that. Plus i can hunt any site as long as the draw holder isn't in it but i have to leave if they show up to hunt it. No big deal.
They changed a few things around this year for the better and worse. You can now have a blind at waters edge as the lake is so low and that's good. But they also aren't allowing hunting till the regular season. So my desire to hunt the early teal and goose season here is down the drain. I made a trip over to my blind area with my kids to check it out. Seen about 30 geese 100y or so away up in the cove out on the water. Also seen a few greenheads and a groups of 5 or 6 teal fly out across the lake. So now I gotta wait and will miss out on the early season.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well no pics of my teal hunt. I had a Murphy's Law day yesterday. First the area I hunt well the birds weren't flying because it got warm quick and I only got 2 birds. Next I wanted take some pics but no battery for the camera. Next I get back to the truck to find out that I locked the keys inside along with my phone. I ended up finding ride home with someone I knew that was near by. My wife gave me a ride back to my truck with the spear key and laughed about it. Well, at least I didn't get skunked I did get 2 birds. LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool deal.
We didn't get any geese to fly by, but we did put down the doves yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Good deal on the Teal and doves y'all.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Friday evening & Saturday morning were good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts