Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
You ever get stuck in some of that water sand?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
Hell ya! 500#+ 4 wheeler doesn't do good in quick sand even though it's 4WD and has a locking front end.
Buried it once the other day when going out and once today.
What I have is an anchor I bury in the sand on the other side of the water I'm crossing, using the 3500 lb winch on the front to pull me through the quick sand.
Only takes a few minutes and I'm wearing hip waders so don't even get wet.

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Not sure his pedacles are big I saved his bottom jaw I’ll boil it with the head unless someone wants to see it before I do I’m guessing him at 5 1/2 I’m not good at aging jaw bone but body wise that’s what I’m guessing
This might help some. I got this set of replica jaw bones to try and age deer. I don't know how accurate they are because I have to believe that tooth wear would vary with diet and region. They are 1 1/2 through 6 1/2 as pictured.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts

· Registered
2,720 Posts
I braved the gale force wind this evening and sat in the tripod at Luther. Saw several deer moving around from 1500 on, but they weren’t coming to the feeder. Finally about 1730 a small doe shows up. To small. Then a big doe came out. Biggest one I’ve seen all season. I zapped her in the head with a 155gr 10mm HP. First deer with my new Xdm Elite 10mm. Sorry for dark pic with me. Selfies in dark don’t work to well.

Attachments

· Registered
1,795 Posts
I braved the gale force wind this evening and sat in the tripod at Luther. Saw several deer moving around from 1500 on, but they weren’t coming to the feeder. Finally about 1730 a small doe shows up. To small. Then a big doe came out. Biggest one I’ve seen all season. I zapped her in the head with a 155gr 10mm HP. First deer with my new Xdm Elite 10mm. Sorry for dark pic with me. Selfies in dark don’t work to well.
Awesome. Looks like you scrambled her brains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Awesome shot! What was the range?

Reactions: Kennywayne

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Just got a 3rd dillo. First one took the hit and ran off in woods. Didn’t even look for it. Found other 2

Attachments

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Sorry been crazy around here the last week. I’ll get your doe and 3 polio carriers added.

• Haha
Reactions: Kennywayne

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Saw 2 cats. Got 1. It was a stupid cat. It saw me. Started walking off. I mouth squeaked at it. It stopped , turned, sat down facing me. I put one in its chest. Guess it thought it was invisible. The other got the hell outa Dodge.

Attachments

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Saw 2 cats. Got 1. It was a stupid cat. It saw me. Started walking off. I mouth squeaked at it. It stopped , turned, sat down facing me. I put one in its chest. Guess it thought it was invisible. The other got the hell outa Dodge.
That's awesome! Don't see many cats in the daytime.

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Nice cat. I’ll get your points added.

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
I got one walleye the other day through the ice.
Cap Beard Seafood Fish Cricket cap

81 - 100 of 129 Posts