Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Got another beaver this morning.

He caught a 9 to the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya gonna eat it? The Cajuns that were here duck hunting said they smoked one and it wasn’t bad, just greasy. I’d have to be damn hungry before I ate one. All it takes is one smell of that castor and I’m done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
U know it

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Ya gonna eat it? The Cajuns that were here duck hunting said they smoked one and it wasn’t bad, just greasy. I’d have to be damn hungry before I ate one. All it takes is one smell of that castor and I’m done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cajuns I know skin the tail and eat the meat inside. They say it’s good but I’m not trying it.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Always after that beaver tail.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Well I got another small one around 1500, But didn’t recover for a pic. Maybe it will float tomorrow

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Just caught a grinner on the back deck stealing the dogs food. Bad idea. I had a good day today. 2 beavers, 1 killer diller and 1 grinner. Didn’t get pick of one beave and the dillo.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
You smoked them today Smoke!

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
I was FINALLY able to contribute some points again. Hit the ice today for the best day I’ve ever had on the ice. Landed these 3 bows and a walleye. Had 3 more bows bust off at the hole on rods and 3 tip ups get busted off as well. Had a dozen other hard hits but no hook sets. The 3 that busted me off were all 20”+ plus and one was a personal best for sure that I’d way was 24” or more. Set up in 11’ of water but the fish were at 6-8’. Fuzzy jigs tipped with live minnows was the bait of choice. Had a good 10” of clear ice as well. The bows were approximately 16 1/2”, 17 1/4” & 18 1/2”, walleye was 14 1/2”.
Snow White Beard Freezing Headgear

Water Snow Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Surfboard Surfing Equipment

Water Liquid Fluid Fish Marine biology

Water Photograph Hood Automotive tire Black

Food Seafood Cuisine Fish Line

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Congrats on the catch!

Reactions: Bullbuster
261 - 276 of 276 Posts