Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Hit the ice today and landed these 2 bows. 16 1/4” & 18 1/4”. Lost 2 others at the hole. Had a half dozen others swim past and not even pay the 4 lines I had down any attention. Set up over 12’ of water and they were around 8’.
Water Liquid Fluid Gas Circle

Food Seafood Animal product Fish Wood

World Automotive lighting Microphone Tints and shades Space

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Went to Luther today to put up more cameras and a dozen No Trespassing signs since we have a poacher coming in at night and running dogs. We been wondering what happened to all our hogs. While we were there I smoked 2 more killer dillers with the 357 sig. Second one was a head shot on a running diller. He flopped around like a chicken with its head cut off. Got blood on my pants and jacket. We have a couple of dp traps out too. Couldn’t figure out what was emptying them and not tripping them. Found out today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
This trap was behind my house and had a cooon paw In it. Now explain to me how a cooon bent this. I had to put in vise to flatten back out.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
We have pics of the dogs and crappy pics of the poacher. He knows our cameras are there and manages to avoid. He also shines his light into the cameras to blind them. We are very disappointed we have no hogs. This is our recreation place to hunt hogs.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Maybe with the new cameras coming you can leave the old ones out and get the new ones up where the sorry suckers can’t find them and get some good photos. When you do, because you eventually will get some good photos, post them on every site you can! Remember he has to be lucky every time you only need to get lucky once! Ever thought about giving the GW a call seeing if they have time maybe go spend an hour or two out at your place listening

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Learned a good trick from a neighbor who has lost some cameras due to theft. It takes a little effort but if you can do it put your camera up in a tree a few feet above eye level. He told me that the majority of people put them between 3 or 5 foot high. He was able to catch a camera thief by putting an older non working camera around a fence post about 3 foot high with his working camera in a tree above it. I’d think it’s a great idea as long as the camera is non flash and doesn’t have a green or red display light, which most new ones don’t have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Today , so far, I’ve smoked a killer diller and a 65lb beaver. He soaked up 3 subsonics

Is that a Draper beaver? If you do come out this way you should save a few carcasses for bait.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Got a crow and another diller. The crow was eating a ketchup packet when i shot. Bobbing head up and down. He went to the ground and when I went to take a pic it was still alive. It didn’t make a sound or move at all. That’s when I noticed the bullet had creased his skull.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Got 2 beavers this morning. Both went from open water under the ice and surfaced like a submarine through the ice. I zapped the smaller one with a CCI subsonic segmented bullet. They break into 3 pieces on impact. After first hit it went under the ice and resurfaced in open water. I zapped again. The wind was just right and blew it to the bank. Just minutes later I see another one swimming up in the same cove. It didn’t come out so I figure it went to check on its buddy. I sneak back down and sure enough it’s sitting in the exact same hole in the ice as the first one. I zap it and it does just like the first. Makes it under the ice and resurfaces only to catch one in the top of its head. Wind blew it to me again. 2nd one is probably 65lb. Can’t say the segmented bullet performed any better than a HP or lead nose subsonic. Most all of these big suckers have taken multiple rounds.

281 - 300 of 332 Posts