Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
Paging @Bullbuster. Busted a couple cooons too, see post #90.

Not that it is even close to the end if the world, but we may need those 10 points when I go "0 for" this deer season. 😄
OMG such a drama queen….like I like have your trash panda points up now like….:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: diggler1833

·
Registered
635 Posts
Five more piggies with the new .308. Sorry that I don't have the rifle in one of the photos...I took a video if that hog to show the terminal effects of the 150gr Interlocks. Sorry, no group photo either...I strung these guys out across about 200 yards.

Bicycle part Shotgun Luggage and bags Air gun Gun barrel

Air gun Machine gun Camouflage Trigger Shotgun

Dog breed Dog Carnivore Fawn Terrestrial animal

Vertebrate Grass Luggage and bags Bag Grassland

Dog breed Working animal Carnivore Grass Terrestrial animal

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I should be getting my .308 Hornady 150g interlocks in the mail early next week. My buddy finally got off his duff to sent me his supply of them for free. Well free to me and not him to mail anyway.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Plus three coyotes
I should be getting my .308 Hornady 150g interlocks in the mail early next week. My buddy finally got off his duff to sent me his supply of them for free. Well free to me and not him to mail anyway.
Great. I'll initially say that they are just as effective as a premium bullet in 6.5/6.8.

More testing necessary. Editing video now...some dumb butt didn't have audio on during recording.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Plus three coyotes

Great. I'll initially say that they are just as effective as a premium bullet in 6.5/6.8.

More testing necessary. Editing video now...some dumb butt didn't have audio on during recording.
3 song dogs? You got pics? Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
635 Posts
3 song dogs? You got pics? Keep up the great work.

Yes, I have a group photo. I wiped out a family that had decided to den up about 70 yards below the house and across the creek...too close to cattle and my chickens. Took about ten seconds, and the results were wickedly impressive. Busted a ~17lb pup from behind and basically field dressed him with the shot.

They woke me up two nights ago howling. I was thinking "dang they're close", went running out and saw what I thought was one in the greenbriars across the creek with my thermal. Didn't shoot because I was only 98% sure and I have four newborn calves in the area.

Just as the sun was going down last night they piped up again, I grabbed what was handy and ran over there, catching them off guard.

I am going to hold onto the photo though because of the gun I took them with.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Congrats. You’re have a good year finding hogs. Rather say you’re having a bad year finding hogs as that means fewer are around.

It’s important work you are doing.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ended up spine shooting him. Between him looking at me (and probably jumping the string a bit) and the fact that I was having a hard time making out the aiming circle ...it was not my best work.

However, there was no tracking involved, so that was a plus.

Dog Organism Mammal Wood Fawn

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think diggler1833 needs his own team! This man is destroying everyone by himself. I don’t even feel worthy of viewing his posts!

CONGRATS man!!!

I was actually pretty hesitant to join the competition because I do have an unfair advantage.

Maybe once the season is over we can just nullify my points and see how the teams compared.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts