Registered
2,505 Posts
Hell no we won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kicker

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was actually pretty hesitant to join the competition because I do have an unfair advantage.

Maybe once the season is over we can just nullify my points and see how the teams compared.
Man, no need for that, it’s just a friendly competition. I’m just impressed with the shear volume that you’re bringing to the table. I’m happy you joined!!

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Congrats on the buck, additional pigs and the raccoon.

Reactions: diggler1833

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
So you got a buck and a trash bandit? I’m behind on this. Congrats nevertheless!!

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Fo’ Mo’ dirt singing swine……..SWEEEEET!!!

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Awesome carnage!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well after 3 days of seeing nada, tonight at 1905 hrs. A nice 10 pt comes in to the food plot. I was looking him over trying to decide if he was big enough until I realized this is the only deer I’ve seen and I need meat for the freezer. I grunted at him at got him looking in my direction. He was quartering towards me at 107 yards. Boom. Muzzle loader went off and sounded completely normal, not like a mortar. When smoked cleared I expected to see him laying on the ground. Nope he was cheeking it Southbound. I thought holy crap, I missed him. He ran down the hill, across the creek, up the gully. I’m pissed at this point , Then I see him do the side step shudder. Then I knew I hit him. He tried making it to the plum thicket, then it appeared he just laid down. I could see his butt still 200 yards off through my Steiners. I kept watching and called reinforcements. My buddy came to help. We had to get wet and wade the creek. Found him right where I saw him lay down. Drug him to the creek and pulled across with rope and pickup. This deer was heavy. Good thing I had help cause I would have never gotten him in truck by myself. Weighed 214.6 lbs. on the hoof. I hit him in front left shoulder, powerbelt went all the way through length of body and lodged in right rear quarter. Found the bullet when cleaning. So it’s been a long night of cleaning, quartering, cleaning up blood in truck, cleaning knives, etc. Just ate and had my shower and it’s 2350 hrs. Tomorrow the does are in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Danged nice buck Smoke! Congrats on taking him!

121 - 134 of 134 Posts