Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Congrats on the double tap and saving some veal steaks.

Reactions: diggler1833

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Congrats on the coyote shot!
I’ve made some diller shots at night that required the hero shot be taken the next day because of clothing issues as well.
We appreciate your discretion.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Nice batch of bacon bits!!

Reactions: diggler1833

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Went to Luther today since we’ve been seeing lots of hogs and pigs on cameras. Well we got there late. Drove in right at daylight. We were coming down the hill towards the west feeder and I yelled, stop , hogs under the feeder. At least 10. My buddy stopped in plain view of them. He then backed up behind a cedar tree. They never saw or heard us. Well I had my new Stoeger M3000 Tactical shotgun with me loaded up with 3” buckshot. I got out of truck and loaded it as quietly as I could. I then snuck to within 40 yards of pigs. At this time several big ones were coming in. I took aim at the big one in middle of pack and Squeezed the trigger. CLICK. WTF????? My first thought was this was an old shell and it was bad. I tried to eject it as quietly as I could, but they heard it and ran. They didn’t hear or see a big Ford Raptor coming down the hill, but they sure heard me reloading. I picked up the one I kicked out and the primer was untouched. I determined that since I was quietly trying to chamber a shell that it did not go into full battery. Firing pin never touched primer. I’m still so angry about it. I just new I was gonna get 5-6 with one shot. Not today. So a little after 2 I went to a blind we set up after shotgun fiasco. About an hour later 5 does came in. The big momma doe did not like the new blind at all. She kept blowing. I can’t believe they all stayed around. The big momma doe was very suspicious and never gave me a good shot. The second biggest gave me a 23 yard shot and I put a 3 blade spitfire through the boiler room. She didn’t go far. Got her out with our wonderful deer cart. Saved about 200 yards of dragging. Those Spitfires made a mess of her insides. The was an awesome 3 blade cut right through the liver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Lol love the wagon. Bummer about them swine getting away. Congrats on the doe.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Went to Luther today since we’ve been seeing lots of hogs and pigs on cameras. Well we got there late. Drove in right at daylight. We were coming down the hill towards the west feeder and I yelled, stop , hogs under the feeder. At least 10. My buddy stopped in plain view of them. He then backed up behind a cedar tree. They never saw or heard us. Well I had my new Stoeger M3000 Tactical shotgun with me loaded up with 3” buckshot. I got out of truck and loaded it as quietly as I could. I then snuck to within 40 yards of pigs. At this time several big ones were coming in. I took aim at the big one in middle of pack and Squeezed the trigger. CLICK. WTF????? My first thought was this was an old shell and it was bad. I tried to eject it as quietly as I could, but they heard it and ran. They didn’t hear or see a big Ford Raptor coming down the hill, but they sure heard me reloading. I picked up the one I kicked out and the primer was untouched. I determined that since I was quietly trying to chamber a shell that it did not go into full battery. Firing pin never touched primer. I’m still so angry about it. I just new I was gonna get 5-6 with one shot. Not today. So a little after 2 I went to a blind we set up after shotgun fiasco. About an hour later 5 does came in. The big momma doe did not like the new blind at all. She kept blowing. I can’t believe they all stayed around. The big momma doe was very suspicious and never gave me a good shot. The second biggest gave me a 23 yard shot and I put a 3 blade spitfire through the boiler room. She didn’t go far. Got her out with our wonderful deer cart. Saved about 200 yards of dragging. Those Spitfires made a mess of her insides. The was an awesome 3 blade cut right through the liver.

I think you should get at least four bonus points for the "deer cart". Congratulations on a fine doe.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Congrats on the doe! Loving the deer cart.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It was a compound broad head. I firmly believe there’s no such thing as a crossbow broadhead. It believe that’s marking crap to try and get you to buy more expensive heads when the ones you have will work just fine.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I braved the gale force wind yesterday not figuring on seeing anything. Crossbow for deer, shotgun for hogs. At dark a raccoon walked under me and to the corn. I zapped him. He walked off real slow to a cedar tree. It was getting pretty dark and I figured I’m not gonna see anything now for sure. I climb down with some of my stuff, lay on ground, climb back up and get rest of stuff. I just get to bottom of ladder and waiting for my buddy to come get me. Then I barely hear something. I turn around and hogs are running out of the woods to the feeder. Less than 20 yards from me. Now I’m looking on the ground for my shotgun. By the time I find it there are 3 big ones and several little ones under feeder. I aim at middle of big pack and unleash hell with a 3” 15 pellet 00 buck load. You should have heard the squealing. I saw several hit the ground and hogs are running everywhere. I fire a 2nd shot at em running for cover. Then I see a dark silhouette going to the right. Apparently a wounded one. I put another shot into it. Then going left I can barely make out on dragging itself with only its front legs. Boom put it down. I look towards feeder and there is nothing laying there. They all got up and ran. The ones that went left and eight are the 2 I recovered. I’m sure I hit more but we couldn’t find anymore. Then I found out my buddy got a doe. So we had to go find her. We found her and used my favorite deer cart. And oh by the way, I never found my ****

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Nice hogs. You didn’t find the raccoon?

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
If your team breaks 1k will that be a contest record?
Not at all. Look at years past point systems. Used to be critters had much higher point values. We dropped a zero or two off most stuff.
Should we win, it will the first year my team has in many years. Dennis usually has the winning teams. If it wasn’t for the fact I’ve randomly drawn teams for several years now I’d call foul lol.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Not at all. Look at years past point systems. Used to be critters had much higher point values. We dropped a zero or two off most stuff.
Should we win, it will the first year my team has in many years. Dennis usually has the winning teams. If it wasn’t for the fact I’ve randomly drawn teams for several years now I’d call foul lol.
If memory serves me right, I picked teams this year.

• Wow
Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
If memory serves me right, I picked teams this year.
Did you? You still won so I guess foul play was involved. I’ve been working the contest for close to 8 years now I’d guess. Lots of changes and ups and downs with it. But a fun part of the forum.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts