181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,454 Posts

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
No deer this morning as the wind shifted about daylight, blowing right into the woods.
saw some movement in the grass and spotted a coyote taking a poop facing right at me.
put a 108 grain from the 6.5 man bun square into its chest, exiting just in front of the hind leg. It just fell over, never even twitched.
Vertebrate Cap Mammal Sunglasses Headgear

Wood Grass Terrestrial animal Soil Landscape

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Nice buck DoubleD!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Sorry, I miss led you. This deer was taken with the outfitter, not the lease. I was going to head to lease and try find that drop point---The wife said I need to take care of business---I have to make the Sweet potato casserole for thanksgiving. We do have family coming in all week.

Several of the other leasee have a traditional family Thanksgiving hunt.

So I suggested to the wife I go down next Monday. She said, I need get to get ready for our Trip to Guatemala December 3. I hate it when she makes sense. This is a mission trip for church to dig a water well for a village that has no clean water.

When get back I have another church mission. I am going to take a doe and have the meat processed and it will be given to a hungry family in the church. I talked with the pastor and he says we have a family who could very much use the meat.

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Moved to the stand this morning where I shot the muzzle loader buck.
When the sun came up, two does were on the feeder. They quit feeding while staring to the SW.
A row of trees blocked my view. Finally saw a single deer coming across the pasture.
Put the scope on it. Yep, it was a buck and big enough to need a ride to the “train station”.
He stayed on the other side of the tree row and kept walking north like he was on a mission, going out of sight. About 10 minutes later, the does bolted and he stepped out of the woods. Fatal mistake.
He left a 30 yard long blood trail a blind man could have followed with the 6.5 CM running a 108 grain HPBT.

Trophy hunting Sky Hunting Deer hunting Hat

Mike Miller knife getting ready to unzip him.
Plant Branch Wood Trunk Twig

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Since my season is over now, came home across the Arkansas river that’s really low from the drought.
Saw a big hole and decided it might hold some fish, so went home loaded up the 4 wheeler and some tackle. Ended up catching and keeping two largemouth to put in my pond tomorrow.
Glasses Hat Smile Sun hat Sky

Food Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Fish Seafood

·
Super Moderator
13,454 Posts
Congrats on the buck and bass

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
6 ducks. I shot 4 Gadwall and 2 greenwing teal. My grandson took this picture.
It was hard to tell the total from the pic so thought I’d get a confirmation from you. Congrats!

Reactions: baby
181 - 200 of 200 Posts