Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Crappie!
let a piece of hotdog soak in the HOA pond for an hour trying catch a cat fish. Every kid in the neighbor hood has caught a big catfish in the pond, but not me. I haven’t caught a single one.

while waiting I started casting my bass killing spinner bait. 30,000 casts 59 minutes later I caught this one crappie.

still better than going to work and one more point for Team 2

Smile Sky Cloud Sleeve Gesture

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Crappie!
let a piece of hotdog soak in the HOA pond for an hour trying catch a cat fish. Every kid in the neighbor hood has caught a big catfish in the pond, but not me. I haven’t caught a single one.

while waiting I started casting my bass killing spinner bait. 30,000 casts 59 minutes later I caught this one crappie.

still better than going to work and one more point for Team 2

View attachment 9150
Congrats on the crappie.
I’ll be loading up on the fish pics soon enough.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have been trying to catch a cat fish in the HOA pond for 5 years. Nothing. The neighborhood kids are always pulling them out. Me never.

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Lake

7lbs, 25 inches. My PB. Is this a channel cat?

Anderson the neighbor kid alwaysshows up to help me when I shoot cannons or to fish the pond with me.

After he took my picture and we released the fish, Anderson noticed I still had hot dog on the hook, and ask if he could have it. I said sure. I thought he was going to bait his line with it, but he grabs my pole up and casts it out. 5 minutes later it fish on!

Water Sky Plant Vertebrate Shorts

6lbs and 25-1/2 inches.
Sky Cloud Hunting Fish Fisherman

I may have earned the team a point, but I earned a lot more fishing with Anderson.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
That's a channel cat. I have used chicken liver and veinna sausage for bait. Congratulations on a nice fish.

Reactions: murphranch

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
The trout bite was on today. Wife and I both caught a limit of 4 each.

Hers at 18” was the biggest. I forgot to take a pic with those fish, but here is a pic of the fillets. I can lay them out for count if any questions arise.

Then it was catch and release the rest of the day.

Total of 9 trout.

61 - 80 of 200 Posts